Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad seems to think that I'm not "mature enough" to handle resin or fiberglass, coupled with the fact that we "don't have a place to do it" (Despite having an open air work bench right behind my garage), so I'm looking for an alternative to fiberglass. I still wanna do pepakura, cause vacuum-forming is hella expensive. I do plan to wear this armor (For airsoft, I might add) so it's gotta be tough... Anyone wanna throw me a bone here?

Edit: please note that I didsearch around (I've been a lurker for a while) and the only real alternative I've found is the hot glue method, which won't work. Here in California it's in the high 90's to low 100's, and Hot glue is soft at around 80, so that's definitely out.

Hey I have two things to ask... First thing is does any one know where I can find the whole MARK 1 armor file that is decent. Also what is a good thing to use to attach folds tape, glue etc. Now Secondly I would like to paint my Assault Rifle, people have told me to use pictures for reference but I cant seem to match up the paints and I am not sure what order to put the paint on...?

Jesse Talakoski said:
Hey I have two things to ask... First thing is does any one know where I can find the whole MARK 1 armor file that is decent. Also what is a good thing to use to attach folds tape, glue etc. Now Secondly I would like to paint my Assault Rifle, people have told me to use pictures for reference but I cant seem to match up the paints and I am not sure what order to put the paint on...?

do you mean MARK V? nobody outside of bungie has seen MARK I, at least i dont think. also if you are ready to paint i suggest starting with a grey primer, the a metallic silver and then(tricky part here) spray a light grey( like the primer)and a black at the same time.cross the streams( not with proton streams, ad idea). make sure you do it lightly though,or else is comes out way to dark. do short bursts of black. that's what i did and it came out pretty close to the AR's color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse Talakoski said:

OH CRAP SORRY I MEANT THE MARK V1

Those completion sigs, where can I make one like those?

Thanks to McCaboose for answering question, please save space and DO NOT post an answer for me. Thanks.

Anybody here have a set of the Mark VI non-HD 3D files that I can unfold or a set of Pepakura files that are not the same scale from the pepakura index that they scaled either up or down for thier size I can let you know I'm 6 foot and have a big head if that will help any I just need one of the two types of sets of files e-mailed to me at cylonproject2000@yahoo.com thanks.

Nintendude said:
Anybody here have a set of the Mark VI non-HD 3D files that I can unfold or a set of Pepakura files that are not the same scale from the pepakura index that they scaled either up or down for thier size I can let you know I'm 6 foot and have a big head if that will help any I just need one of the two types of sets of files e-mailed to me at cylonproject2000@yahoo.com thanks.

OK I might be reading this wrong....

the scale of the stuff on pep index is incorrect for your size and you need larger/smaller? If this is the question then you need to change the scale yourself in Pepakura in the 2d pattern window.

If that wasn't the question then oops sorry!

I've made the signature on that anime---randomstuff--- website, but I can't figure out how to get it on here. Someone explain?

Also, Ive gone through 3 or 4 types of glue while pepping, and I saw that someone used tape, good idea?

>_>

[attachment=10757:781170.png]

This isn't signature post, this is me post =D

UW MASON91 said:
I've made the signature on that anime---randomstuff--- website, but I can't figure out how to get it on here. Someone explain?

Also, Ive gone through 3 or 4 types of glue while pepping, and I saw that someone used tape, good idea?

>_>

[attachment=10757:781170.png]

This isn't signature post, this is me post =D

Post your pic through Photobucket, then put the code in the forum.

Tape..sucks, too messy when resining, I use reguler elmers white and "super glue". most seem to use hot glue.

Ok I have tried everything that I can to change the scale in my Pepakura Designer 3, so that everyone knows what I get when I try to open another persons pep file in my designer to re-scale it I get this message. "This file is not supported in this application. Too newer version. We reccomend you upgrade the application". All I am trying to get is the Mark VI armor is a scale for a 6'0" person my weight is 185 Xl size shirt and 34x36 pants, so hopefully that will give an idea of my scaling size. If anyone has a set of the Mk-VI armor that they have re-scaled the files they got from the Pep index and if they would be able to send them to my e-mail Cylonproject2000@Yahoo.com so far the only thing I have put together from the Pep Index was the upper shoulder plates from ROBOGENESIS and they seem to be the right size I think. But as for the rest of the outfit and my designer that won't allow another person's .pdo files I think I'm pretty much screwed on making a suit myself. When it comes to making the paper files as in cutting them out and fiberglassing and stuff I also don't plan to do the bondo method after the fiberglassing I plan to maybe put two layers of resin on the top and cloth and resin on the inside the other question besides my scaling problem is, is it possible I can just keep from doing the bondo after the resin step and just sand it down to where the resin is even or could I do what one person has suggested to me and they have some stuff called spray on rubberized undercoating that I can put a few even layers over the fiberglass and go with that. Sorry for so many questions but really if someone can help me with the Mk-VI files so I can get the suit printed off and make the pep files in a week that would be great, if there are some of you that doubt I can pep the entire suit in a week let's think again, I made my Snowtrooper armor out of pep in less than a week on him, and with basically no job but my SSI check coming in each month theres a lot of free time on my hands, thanks for the help.

Hey guys, i was cruising canadian tire, and i found something the car repair section called bondo-glass and bondo-hair. Can someone enlighten me as to what that stuff is?

Cheers,

Clad

It's basically bondo body filler with fiberglass mixed in. It makes it stronger and more durable but seems like it would be a pain to get smooth.

JSwift said:
It's basically bondo body filler with fiberglass mixed in. It makes it stronger and more durable but seems like it would be a pain to get smooth.

I like the idea of that, but i usually fiberglass the inside of pieces, and just resin the outside. Are the strands large do u think? Cuz i am debating getting some for my shoulders and arms

Cheerios,

Clad

Cladspartanex said:
I like the idea of that, but i usually fiberglass the inside of pieces, and just resin the outside. Are the strands large do u think? Cuz i am debating getting some for my shoulders and arms

Cheerios,

Clad

There is short strand and long strand bondo glass. The trick with this kind of filler is after you apply it and sand it down the best you can, you have to apply another layer of resin as a top coat over it because of the strands but thats basically how car bodys are done I think.

that varies!

Depends on how much you contribute to the forums. If you have a work in progress thread (not required but helps) and are making good progress, start posting regularly it will happen if you are patient.

Ok right now I'm making a ODST helmet of the rookie but first I'm making the body armor first but when I get to the visor what should I use for it without spending a fortune? I'm only in 6th grade so I don't want to use too much money or do something too diffucult.Also can someone give me a pep Halo 3 ODST SMG download link?Also when do I get to post threads in other sections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back