Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cayoke said:
Ok, I watched the oreintation but i don't see the stickies.

When you open each separate forum there will be a few titles of threads with a bubble that says "sticky" in yellow.

Not all of them are applicable right when you begin but I'd advise reading through them all regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here i am again. I started today with the helmet and i think i screwed it up. I cant post pics but perhaps you can help me if i explain it.

On the front of the helmet there is some spare for a tube. The pep files i had werent empty so that i can mold the tube directly at it.

I made some mistakes with the symmetry. Can i fix this with using bondo?

Or do i have to start it new right away?

Thanks R.

Wtfmfkr said:
When you open each separate forum there will be a few titles of threads with a bubble that says "sticky" in yellow.

Not all of them are applicable right when you begin but I'd advise reading through them all regardless.

Thanks , i thought they were up on the header and where do you get the armor status stuff

Halp! I have a bit of a dilemma.

I know it says it's not good to necro-post. BUT. It also says that you should only devote one thread per project...

My problem is, I have an update on my Jackal costume but updating my old thread would technically be considered necro-posting, right?

Do I make a new thread or what do I do?

Thankieeees.

No it's not considered a necro-post as it is your thread and you want to post an update.

Necro-posts is often when new members posts on years old topics to had useless information to the OP, basicly trying to raise their post number.

I have been looking into pepakura lately, and i thought id give it a try. Does anyone know something easy to begin with?

Thank you for showing me this informative thread, I'll be sure to follow the rules and hopefully become accepted in this community!!! =D

Hi,

I'm kinda new here, I'm thinking about making an halo armour and I can't diside wether to make Mark IV or ODST

wich do you guys think is best for a beginner?

Hello, everyone!

I'm a noob, but I've been lurking for quite a while now, and still can't find the answer to this question. How many posts do I have to make before I can create a new topic? I want to make a WIP thread, but I can't because I'm still at noob status.

I know this system is to prevent people from creating an account, making a new thread, then disappearing, but it's a pain in the butt for noobs who are actually serious about making armor. Any help you give me will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also, the white bar that says warn status under my information and avatar-- is that supposed to be white or have I done something wrong I didn't know about?

Geeky Chick said:
Hello, everyone!

I'm a noob, but I've been lurking for quite a while now, and still can't find the answer to this question. How many posts do I have to make before I can create a new topic? I want to make a WIP thread, but I can't because I'm still at noob status.

I know this system is to prevent people from creating an account, making a new thread, then disappearing, but it's a pain in the butt for noobs who are actually serious about making armor. Any help you give me will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also, the white bar that says warn status under my information and avatar-- is that supposed to be white or have I done something wrong I didn't know about?

You don't need any posts to start a new topic. You have to start it in the Noob forum though.

If you need any help with making armour, read the stickies. Afterwords, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my very best to answer any and all of your questions.

As for the white bar, thats good. You only have to worry when it starts turning blue.

Good luck, glad to have you here on the 405th. Hope to see some progress soon.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
You don't need any posts to start a new topic. You have to start it in the Noob forum though.

If you need any help with making armour, read the stickies. Afterwords, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I will do my very best to answer any and all of your questions.

As for the white bar, thats good. You only have to worry when it starts turning blue.

Good luck, glad to have you here on the 405th. Hope to see some progress soon.

Cheers!

Ah, I see how to do it now. Sorry, dumb question.

Thanks, if I have trouble, I will ask. I've been lurking in the stickies for months, so hopefully I won't have any trouble. (-:

All right, no warnings! That's very relieving.

Thanks so much for your help! I hope to have my current project fully pepped within 2 days, if all goes well.

I have a pretty big head, and I was wondering what helmet you would recommend? And it will also be my first helmet. Is it also possible to use air-dry clay instead of bondo, because I currently have 4.5 pounds of it???

so i have been reading up on the forums on pepakura armours, but havent seen much on the weight of paper to use. im going to try a 190 weight and see how it turns out, but if that dont work i may have to transfer onto a slighty thicker cardboard, to keep my parts more rigid when i put the resin on them. but what weight would people recomend?

FrostyTheSnowMan said:
so i have been reading up on the forums on pepakura armours, but havent seen much on the weight of paper to use. im going to try a 190 weight and see how it turns out, but if that dont work i may have to transfer onto a slighty thicker cardboard, to keep my parts more rigid when i put the resin on them. but what weight would people recomend?

I may be mistaken but I think most people use 110 lb cardstock so you should be well above prepared with 190.

Though some of the smaller folds may be difficult.

B0NGLE said:
I have a pretty big head, and I was wondering what helmet you would recommend? And it will also be my first helmet. Is it also possible to use air-dry clay instead of bondo, because I currently have 4.5 pounds of it???

I'm just going to try the smoothed recon!!!

Hi guys, i am new to pepakura and i am trying to make a Halo 3 suit. (as every other newbie ;)

any way, i have made a grenade and a vash gun i found on the net.

I have printed the masterchief helmet and will start making it tomorrow.

I also ended today my first rifle, but i saw on youtube that there is a better one, i fixed the one on the wikki site. As i told you the one i saw on youtube had a bullet klip, and the grip in front was better, but i can't find a index with your weapons or armor here, to tell the truth its 5:00 and i didn't search too much a link would be nice.

I saw lot of your work and you have passed the hobby level :) you easily can make a movie with all the stuff you have made.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back