Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can that black foam paper or "foamie" be resined to be made hard? I have an idea floating in my head with adding some detail stuff while skipping some bondo work on my suit. I would test this myself and not bother to ask, but the weather down here likes to act stupid on me so I got a few more weeks until I get the suit out for modifications.

I'm not sure if it'll eat it or not. May turn into a mess of colored goop... Weather in Wisconsin sucks, so I can;t test it yet...

I have resined foamies with bondo brand polyester resin and it works well. don't expect it to be rock hard, the resin doesn't soak into the foamie vary deep, I use 2 coats of resin and it seems to work well. Another thing I used was to coat the foamie with Elmer's white glue, It seemed to be harder on the surface than resin and it also will attach the foamie to the resin and mud.

stilgar

Hey there, i'm trying to do my master chief armor, and i need to scale the parts soh that it fits on me right, but when i'm scale it and go to save, the pepakura designer asks for a password. Where do i get this password??

AKisner said:
Hey there, i'm trying to do my master chief armor, and i need to scale the parts soh that it fits on me right, but when i'm scale it and go to save, the pepakura designer asks for a password. Where do i get this password??

Im pretty sure you need a liscence to get a password. Soooooo instead of figuring out how to buy one just write the scale down on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place. Then whenever you need to either reprint a part or check something just plug in the scale and viola... good as new!

Pm me if you have any more questions!

-Phox

Last edited by a moderator:
jtm1997 said:
Is there any thing other than bondo that you can use for detailing?

Well bondo is used for smoothing out your piece to get rid of the fold lines, not neccessarily detailing... I would use a dremmel (probably spelled wrong) tool to "carve" some detail lines into your piece. Also you can use some foamies as decoration or to enhance detail (there is a post right above yours that deals with that).

Hey I was wondering has anyone tried to make a Captain Cutter Unsc uniform. If they had could i see pictures and specs. on how it was done. I would like to make it myself so it looks authentic. Thanks for the trouble :) .

Boba Fett said:
A real quick question, I'm attempting to model something in Blender, but I get a ton of open edged. I'm basicially extruding the edges of a single plane, bigger and bigger to form the object I want. Problem, even if the edges are flat, butted up right aginst eachother, they're still open. How do I join edges? (i'm sorry, there has to be an extraordinarily simple answer to this, it's embarrassing...) Blender n00b!

EDIT: and oh yeah, how do I pan the camera without losing my background image?

If you select 4 points where you open edge is press f to combine them with a new face

(select only four at a time or it won't work)

oh and you hold shift to select more than one at once

One more question: there are many pockets on front of the Halo 2 ODST torso. How can I make it? Paint? It would suck.

med_gallery_1826_4_79732.jpg

uruloke said:
One more question: there are many pockets on front of the Halo 2 ODST torso. How can I make it? Paint? It would suck.

med_gallery_1826_4_79732.jpg

As far as I know, the H2 ODST has soft armor for the chest. The pep part is there if you don't want to go all-out making a heavy cloth vest. SCratchbuild the pockets. Cardboard works.

Not that I know of. If you want to get 2 things in pep, I guess you need to have the original model incorporating those parts.

i'd like to get to work on a full suit of armor soon as i get out of the hospital.(long story)i know this is halo country but i'd really like to do a war machine but i cant find the pattern anywhere.could i be pointed in the right direction please?

thanks in advance for any assistance.

also i was told that changing the paper to A4 paper or letter size would change the end result.it would be best to change it before scaling or should i just try to source the A4 paper to save myself the math?

Because of obvious health safety requirements, I'm not able to make my armor using the resin-bondo-rondo-etc method. So I'm paper-maching the whole thing (strip-layer, paper mash) but of course, wet stuff + paper= warpage. Is there anything to seal/waterproof the pep build? For one thing, would acrylic sealer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back