Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Art Andrews, Jul 10, 2014.

1. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Division Staff

Morning, arma358! I've noticed that in a few spots as well and have passed that along to Art to see what we can get fixed there. Thanks for the heads up!

2. Roxas s Embers

Roxas s Embers

Hi, so with the new site I have noticedn issue that is really bothering me.

The threads don't show who posted last in the thread overview(in the thread list). It shows when they posted but not who has posted. I am on my phone and haven't checked to see if it happens on Pc.

Attached Files:

3. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner

This is a part of the responsive design. As the page gets smaller, less important elements are removed. In this case, who last posted becomes less important than when there was an update. It is an automatic part of the responsive design, not something we chose ourselves.

4. Roxas s Embers

Roxas s Embers

I would just like to note that some like me only use phones to access the site. It is a more important feature for those like me who are trying to see who posted on a thread at a glance. It is unfortunate that this cannot be changed for mobile devices. It does make things harder. Thanks for your time and I hope that this could be considered for a change suggestion.

5. FANGS

arma358 - have a look now. Art did some tweaking and it should be easier to read now.

6. arma358

arma358 PR Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Still a no go, FANGS. Tried with both Chrome and Firefox, and I'm still seeing the same thing. Here's what it looks like on my end.

UYeaUHH.png

7. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

FANGS, why not just make it white?

8. FANGS

Sorry arma358 ....parts are fixed and clearly that part isn't yet. We'll get it sorted.

arma358 likes this.
  9. Art Andrews

arma358 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  10. arma358

arma358 PR Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Art Andrews likes this.
  11. FANGS

12. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to ask this. Didn't have any issues with mentioning people with the older site. Where is the icon now to mention people? Also, on my mobile device I'm not seeing any icon to change the view to full site. Thanks in advance.

13. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

all you do is say "@" and directly behind it, say the user's name. like:
    @ anonymous person, except no spaces.

Art Andrews likes this.
  14. Art Andrews

mblackwell1002 nailed it on mentions. With regard to viewing the "full site," that is not how modern software works. The concept of full and mobile sites come from a time before Responsive design existed. It was very clunky because you had to maintain two entirely separate looks; a mobile look and a desktop (full) look. Now, with a responsive design, there is only one look that responds to the device that you are on and modifies the look of the page appropriately.

15. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

I was curious about the site navigation at the top of the page. When I mouse over there is a dotted line, an arrow, a magnifying glass and a pair of spectacles that gets cut off... It looks busy and unprofessional. It has my curiosity.. What happens if I click the spectacles, why do they exist, where do they go when they disappear!?! :) Is there a fix to this?
    In this picture I am mousing over the Members section.
    Sitetest1.png
    The Home one does not have this problem, only the rest of them.

Art Andrews likes this.
  16. Art Andrews

It is only happening for dropdown menus. I don't know why, but I will find out and we will get it corrected!

PerniciousDuke likes this.
  17. Art Andrews

18. FANGS

Thanks Art!

19. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

this isn't really an issue, but could you guys make the 'current page' highlight darker? sometimes it's hard to see what page I'm on.

PerniciousDuke and Dirtdives like this.
  20. Art Andrews

Do you mean the border color around the pagination number?

21. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

yes, sir! right now, I'm on pg17, but it's hard to tell.

22. Art Andrews

Better?

23. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

yeaaaahhh!! much better.
    thank you!

24. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

That was the first suggestion I made. :p glad to see the fix. Thanks for wording it better Blackwell.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  25. Kuzan

Kuzan New Member

So I wanted to get deeper into pepekura and all that stuff, many links from google redirect to the old 405th forum. When I want to access them I need to login, but I login don't work. I think new forum members have no access to the old forums? And I cant create a new account for the old forums. How do I view older threads from the old forum?