HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reilly said:
Can't wait for these! I'm waiting for all of the hi-res models to come out before I finish my suit.
I'm making my whole suit with HD models, but I'm working on them as they come out (or as I make them :D)

Keegan said:
Is there a way you can reverse it so you can have a right and left? Because if you couldnt it would stink to have to make it over again for the left.
Yeah, I just make one side (usually the left for some reason o_O ), then I can just mirror it. Then I have the other one. If I had to make each side seperatly, then I'd quit modeling. I wouldn't be able to stand it ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey can anyone tell me the scaling for a foot of 5'10 - 5'11 would be?

I just spent an entire day and night to find my scaling is too large for me, even with a boot on.
many thanks

For the boot, I measured the length of my shoe, then added about 1/2cm or so. Then I entered that size into the assembled hieght box. That seems to fit me.

Did you do the HD model, or the size tester? If you did the HD one, then that stinks.

thecomposer said:
Hey can anyone tell me the scaling for a foot of 5'10 - 5'11 would be?

I just spent an entire day and night to find my scaling is too large for me, even with a boot on.
many thanks
I just printed out the bottom base piece of the boot on scrap paper and used trial & error when scaling and it took me two time to get the right size. And you won't even have to assemble a size tester! :lol:

Is there any model files that have the high res thighs with the added innner black plate area? And also... Which parts are useable to both sides? It would be easier to have to only make one part of something then to go through making another with small imperfections compared to the first, or just not be fully symmetrical (Molding). On some files, the shins, feet, and biceps are the same.

damasterchief said:
ummm.... any progress on the bicept?
SoullessSin said:
same here. im wondering myself
I always say "It's done when it's done." Go and read Post #298. Just be patient. It's not like you're paying him to do them.

Scott said:
Is there any model files that have the high res thighs with the added innner black plate area? And also... Which parts are useable to both sides? It would be easier to have to only make one part of something then to go through making another with small imperfections compared to the first, or just not be fully symmetrical (Molding). On some files, the shins, feet, and biceps are the same.

actually from what i've seen only the hand plates, boots (exluding the heel) and maybe shoulders can be used to mold two parts from one pep model otherwise the details on a piece would be in the wrong place. such as the bicep, the details would be on the outside of the arm on one piece and then on the inside of the arm on the other piece. i don't know if i'm explaining this well but basically u have to make two molds for the pieces

Scott said:
So far there are HD Boots, Hand Plates, a Helmet, and A Chest piece. Helmet and Chest by flying_squirl, boots and hand plate by me.
If by "the same" you mean "mirrored", then you are right. Certain pieces are mirrored, but only the hand plates are exactly the same.

Ral Partha said:
I always say "It's done when it's done." Go and read Post #298. Just be patient. It's not like you're paying him to do them.
Perfectly said :D. Asking when it'll be done won't make it go any faster. This is a "In my spare time, and only at school" project. I can only work on the models during my free time, at school, during the week.

WetOkole said:
If not...just add a bit more Bondo/Body filler! That works just as well!
For most people, it doesn't come out quite very well. You did an unbelievable job at making the low res models look awesome though :D. Starting out with HD pieces makes a bit less work down the road.

AoBfrost said:
I like my pep models detailed already, makes me proud I made a freakishly detailed awesome piece.
I agree completely.

Update 02-25-08
BicepRender02-25-08.gif

This is a smoothed render in 3ds MAX. There are still some details (indents and such) that I am working on.

Robogenisis said:
Update 02-25-08
BicepRender02-25-08.gif

This is a smoothed render in 3ds MAX. There are still some details (indents and such) that I am working on.
OHHHHHHHHH!!!*drools all over Robo* eeeeeeeeee!!!

Robogenisis said:
Update 02-25-08
BicepRender02-25-08.gif

Wow...! That's stunning. It looks exactly like a properly bondo-ed and primered armor piece.

HEY! NO DROOLING ON 3D MODELERS! just kidding. drool away. :p

come on! i cant make my bicepts until you are done! Mine are too small.

Im gonna have to remake the forearms without waiting though. that pisses me off the most. not your fault though. 'tis mine.

When you look at it in pepakura, it looks a little un-orginized. That's what's slowing me down. It's bugging me, but I can't seem to make it look cleaner.

In 3ds Max it looks good though. That is about what a good bondo'd piece should look like.

No drooling on me. You can drool on your own stuff :p

thats because EVERYTHING looks good in 3ds max. even.....uh.....nevermind.

I dont think it could ever be as smooth and perfect as you want. just do your details, and let 'er fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back