HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robogenisis said:
I've been thinking about that lately. I guess I don't have any plans to continue the models this summer. I can't because I don't own 3ds Max, and don't have the money to buy it. I'll probably just work on folding some pep, and finish a suit or something.
I know. I've never been very good at 3 point lighting. It always looks... funny... This way works ok, and I can just render it over night (school doesn't turn off computers.)

You know if everyone just pitched in $1 you would could have 3d studio max in no time.

In all honesty, i think we owe it to you. Everyone has $1 they can spare.

Also if you start building you'll get the point that you'll need another HD model so you might as well finish as many models as you can.

Hey, if their's extra money either donate it to the website or the personal Robo sanity fund.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. There are still those little details that are bugging me. I'm not sure if I should even add those details :cautious:. They are very tiny and unnoticable. I can't work on it this weekend either.

Alternative to GI: Big sphere with lights/lamps mapped to each vertex. Better than 3 lights, faster than GI.

I'm sorry I can't tell you how do do this in your 3d prog, I don't use it.

BTW: If you're looking for a free 3d program, I can only recommend Blender 3D. It's open source and runs on loads of platforms.

I cant finish the bicepts until these are released, so throw petty details aside!

you are lucky im out of paper and need the FS torso to do, otherwise im SOL and JWF (guess who said that)

All ya gotta do to fake GI is use a skylight and turn on "Add shadows". No MR needed, default scanline render. And bang, 4 minutes for a frame instead of 45

Hey Robo the bicep is looking sweet cant wait to pep that baby! To bad you don't have 3ds Max. If you are still in school and just going on break for the summer you can buy a student edition of the program for $195 for a year or $380 for a full pack.

click here

This is just one place. If you look at the autodesk site you can find an education products retailer in your area.

For those of you that dont know this software normally costs $3500

Still, Pirating is fine by me, its just for one person, what harm is that gonna do, especially if the alternative is to shell out 3-5 grand for a program that could just take 15 minutes to crack.
YARR!!!!!!

Cant you tell im very piratical?

I didnt pirate Pep Designer though. just the password (and it was on a website in plain view :p )

rvb4life: Yes, i can tell that. It's not a good practice i must say. What happen if you are one of 3d max's developers?

I strongly agreed that we should support Robo with a small part of our savings. Few bucks per person isn't much. The fun walking around town as Master Chief and/ or building the armor is priceless.

I must say few bucks in exchange for something priceless is a great deal.

Another 3d program is Milkshape 3D, it's not free, but it's a whole lot cheaper than 3Ds Max...
It has a thirty day free trial if anyone wants to check it out.
It's made by ChumbalumSoft and a full licence is $35, so it's not too bad; this actually works pretty well.

:D Check it out here!!! :D

it imports most every other 3d file type and can export most as well, it does animation and rendering as well...

Hey robo well I just talked to my friend and I discovered he is also a 3d max genius. He agreed to help me but could u send me the 3d max low res files u have (all) please to rednimnam@hotmail.com. I don't know how to open pdos in 3d max or how to convert them to a fiel type that can be opened in it but my friend is ready to make awesome files! I saw some of the stuff he made and is E-mazing! Yeah, well please let me know soon, thanks... :) I need those files!

Hey Robo,

I'll apologize now if it was already mentioned, but if you're looking for a 3D modeling program that rivals Studio Max and Maya (ok, maybe not totally), there is Blender. It's free, open source, and has been used to produce some amazing work. You can find it at www.blender.org

I've been trying to play with it, but I don't really have any experience with modeling programs, outside of Zbrush and SketchUp, so the tutorials are taking some time.

Thanks for all the great models and your extra effort on the details.

Cheers,

lawndart

I've used both Milkshape 3D and Blender. I used MS3D for the boot and hand plate, but switched fully over to 3ds Max before the bicep. I didn't like Blender at all. Most of the programs that you guys will mention, I have already tried and rejected.

Now, on to questions about the bicep. I have three tiny details that I can't get right. No matter what, they just don't look right. I've just about given up on them, and now I'm asking if I should just screw them and add the supports so I can release the model now. Here are the details I'm talking about.
OneDetail.jpg
TwoDetails.jpg

If you say screw those details, I'll have a non-unfolded version up maybe tomorrow. You can find the current render of the bicep on the bottom of the first post.

I could have sworn that I posted something like this yesterday, but I must not have pressed "Add Reply"?

did you notice a lot of the minute details are more battle damage, like on the ab piece there is a big slash in the middle, most likely damage (duh)

so.....screw it.

IMO, those details are so small that by the time you're done applying the resin and bondo/rondo coats, they're going to be buried already. Heh, I didn't didn't even notice they were there (maybe because I wasn't looking closely enough). It's better left to the user if he wants to add those details later during the finishing stage.

That's my take anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back