HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on the CQB helmet for the last few days, and I'm giving you a bit of a teaser as to what is to come.
High Def CQB Alpha Beta :p

I've only really worked on smoothing the top and back, and haven't added any details yet. I just thought you guys might want to see it now, because I can't work on it on the weekend.

Wow Robo, that's looking sweet! Gonna be a lot of folding to get it that smooth, no doubt.

Macattack64 said:
How do you get a password or enter it in?
You have to purchase a key from the site, but once you have one, go under the "Help" pull-down menu and hit "Enter Password..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicktendo said:
I think you're all severely underestimating the effort that goes into these pieces, and you're taking the artists for granted.

I think we should be thankful for the pieces they have done. They are, after all, sparing us having to add all the detail to the basic models on our own. Does the name MLC ring a bell? He started with the basic models, and look at his work.

I'm sure when/if Robo gets around to doing another piece, he'll let us know.

i wasn't trying to push him to do something, and if i was then i would be asking over and over again until it got onto people's nerves kinda like the noobs do around here...

sorry for any pressure robo, you're just so spontaneous and unpredictable...
btw, the alpha-beta looks really nice...

I know what you mean.
Without the password for the pepakura program,
you cant save anything.

If you get it Will you share?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

tech.2.0 said:
I know what you mean.
Without the password for the pepakura program,
you cant save anything.

If you get it Will you share?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!
That kind of information is not to be shared here. We don't condone piracy and simply asking for this could get you banned. We should support the makers of Pepakura.

I've finished building my right HD bicep. I think it looks pretty good, and the scale seems fine (although I can't test it anymore because I glued in the supports). I'll post some pics here tonight, and I might just make a new "Robo's armor build" topic.

In other news, I've started working on the HD CQB after a weekend break, and the current face count is 1508, up from 866 in the original model.

Robogenisis said:
I've finished building my right HD bicep. I think it looks pretty good, and the scale seems fine (although I can't test it anymore because I glued in the supports). I'll post some pics here tonight, and I might just make a new "Robo's armor build" topic.

In other news, I've started working on the HD CQB after a weekend break, and the current face count is 1508, up from 866 in the original model.

Hey no fair!! Just when I am about done with my CQB you go and show a teaser of the new CQB!! LOL Just like your HD Bicep..... :mad: But you know, you do some great work so keep it up (but take your time) and 1508!! :oops:

Here's the face counts for all my HD models, and the original face counts too (remember though, every square has at least two faces. You can have a square with a billion faces, but it would still only have 6 sides in pepakura.)

BICEP
HD 785 faces,
Original 236 faces.

BOOT
HD 936 faces,
Original 136 faces.

HANDPLATE
HD 366 faces,
Original 102 faces.

CQB (WIP)
HD 1508 faces,
Original 866 faces.

Sorry WetOkole :p. It does seem to happen that way for some reason. Maybe you should just start one of everything. Then I would have everything modeled in no time :p.

Also, why has this turned into a "Did you pay for it?", "Where can I get it free?", etc. topic? I have a paid for code, and one that was given to me.

Can't wait to see the final Robo! I'm still working with your other HD creations.

BTW - I just paid for Pepakura the other night. Makes a world of difference since I usually rearrange things.

I suggest that anyone who uses pepakura often, or likes to re-arrange everything, should get a full version on Pepakura. It isn't to terribly expensive, plus, Pepakura owns :p.

Robogenisis said:
I suggest that anyone who uses pepakura often, or likes to re-arrange everything, should get a full version on Pepakura. It isn't to terribly expensive, plus, Pepakura owns :p.
Just ask around and im sure some one can help you with a key gen if you like doing that

I fond one and it works every time

Robogenisis you need to make a tut on how to turn a normal into HD (just basic) because im sure im not the only one that has models that wants them turned into HDS

Spartan 051 said:
not a chance who pays for any thing these days
I did and damn proud of it. Owning PepDes is not a right, last time I checked. It's worth every cent of it.

Robogenisis said:
how much is it...wait cant disscuss prices=(pm me please

Spartan 051 said:
Just ask around and im sure some one can help you with a key gen if you like doing that

I fond one and it works every time

Robogenisis you need to make a tut on how to turn a normal into HD (just basic) because im sure im not the only one that has models that wants them turned into HDS
Umm... This isn't really something that can have a tutorial easily made, or easily understandable. It's more of a learned art, but your best bet might be just looking at tutorials on how to model, and watch FS's timelapse of him modeling.

Ral Partha said:
I did and damn proud of it. Owning PepDes is not a right, last time I checked. It's worth every cent of it.
This is quite true :D.

daredevil71789 said:
how much is it...wait cant disscuss prices=(pm me please
Pepakura Designer is $38. http://www.tamasoft.com/pepakura-en/.

Sorry for the double post, but it's been two days, and I have new info.

I've made a bit of progress on smoothing. The whole back and top of the CQB Helmet are smooth, so I'll be moving onto the front and chin. Currently there are 1874 faces, but many of those are from the "knobs" on the top.

HD CQB Beta Beta :D

whoa! awesome
also robo just to let you know on my bicep i had to scale down and trim because i doubt a 12 year old boy would be a muscular as chiefy :lol: anyways its kinda funky looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back