HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're talking about the poll, and scaling...

Like you probably know, I'm using your scaling method and applying that assembled height to other models. It seems to have worked great so far. (That is, inputting my exact height in inches.) The only piece I've had to scale down so far has been the hand plate, but I think that's been pretty much the norm. I wouldn't change your system. It provides a quick and easy scaling starting point for the size testers, then you can scale up/down from there.

Man I'm glad I messed up my first CQB helm before I finished and tossed it.
Now I can wait til this is done and drive my self nuts trying to cut and fold it. ;)

Another update. I'm almost dome with the smoothing. I really only need to do the chin area, then I'll move on to adding the details and floating faces after that.
Current Face Count (without "knobs"): 1758

HD CQB BETA

LOL! Nice touch on that toothy grinning face!

Anyway, the CQB is my fave helmet and chest perm and until the SKG/NZ-TK ODST project, this was next in line after the Mk VI on my to-do list.

New HD CQB update :D.

I've finished smoothing and have added the floating faces. I'll be doing details now. There are some things that I will be fixing though. The floating faces will be in a seperate file because they have unnecessary folds, so I'll lower the "Lines almost flat" level for them. The chin is also a piece that is not cooperating, so I'm just going to leave it the way it is.

HD CQB WIP 05-15-08

wow, that looks great robo,, i would say leave the floating faces on the same file and just dont fold them. i knew you had to be up to something.. :D

Robogenisis said:
New HD CQB update :D.

I've finished smoothing and have added the floating faces. I'll be doing details now. There are some things that I will be fixing though. The floating faces will be in a seperate file because they have unnecessary folds, so I'll lower the "Lines almost flat" level for them. The chin is also a piece that is not cooperating, so I'm just going to leave it the way it is.

HD CQB WIP 05-15-08

LOL...oh you are good Robo!!! I have d/l all of the files you left and just want to unfold everything! This latest one is really giving me some probs but I actually like the idea that you add those small details! Wish I didn't start on mine, just so I can start on yours (since you have the visor in) But I think I might tackle this after I am done with mine, just to see how it will turn out!

I will wait here for the details to show up...I just need that!! LOL :D

I have started on the thigh and just finished with the smoothing so I am gonna start adding the details <===HINT HINT!!

Nah J/K buddy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DF4L...just d/l it and you are right its alot better than how I had it!! I knew I should of kept it going in thin lines!! LOL...great job, maybe I have to build this one as well!!

Despite the fact that it looks incredibly hard for a still Pep noob like me, I'm going to have to attempt this awesome helmet because CQB is my favorite permutation!

Well, I'm running out of time. I have today, tommorrow, Wednesday, and the next Monday before school's out. This means that I don't think I'm going to be able to finish the HD CQB helmet. So I'm going to remove the few details I've added and release it as a "Smooth CQB Helmet". If I can somehow get access to 3ds Max this summer, I might be able to finish it. I suspect that I will be working on my armor most of the summer though.

I'm not sure that I can do these models much anymore. I've been able to do these from school, but I doubt that I will be able to get the same opportunity next year, and I can't work on them at home. This could be my final week as a modeler on the forums (hopefully not though).

Robogenisis said:
I'm not sure that I can do these models much anymore. I've been able to do these from school, but I doubt that I will be able to get the same opportunity next year, and I can't work on them at home. This could be my final week as a modeler on the forums (hopefully not though).
We cannot accept this.
I think we need to let you work from any computer in the world on powerful terminal server with 3ds max installed on it.

Guys!
Somebody want to do this?
I have TS in my company, but it is very, very far from USA, so mine is the last option. But if nobody will do it, I'll do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back