HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ-TK said:
Awesome. Its cool you are taking the time to do this and are willing to share with people, as an experiment I have folded two of slyflos pep files (eod and cqb helmets) and (no offense to slyflo is intended) I would say they are almost totally unsuitible for pepakura, they need to be remodeled completly imo, I had been working on remodeling the CQB helmet to make it more user friendly, but another project is eating up my spare time at the moment, anyway, just wanted to say thanks for doing this for everyone and as a show of gratitude I give you three of these dancing cat things :)
I agree with you about slyfos models. Thats the only reason I didn't make my armor to begin with. I wanted to wait until I had the models so I could make them usable.

ryno said:
hey robo genius i'm willing to help just what pieces do you need screen shots of i'ld be more than happy to get them for you. you rock at pepakura :not worthy:
I would like every angle of every piece, but I'm starting with the boot, so those would be helpful. I think I might do the helmet next, so if you have time those would help a lot too.
I'd do it, but I don't xbox live, so I can upload them. I would specificly like one top view, both sides, bottom, front, back, and all 4 corners (that makes about 9 or ten shots). If you could do this for me, I would be very grateful, and so would these bananas

BTW, it's Robogenisis, not Robo Genius, and its one word (lots of people make this mistake for some reason.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Robogenisis said:
I mostly use Milkshape 3D (30 day free trial, $25 to buy) and I can use 3DS Max at school a little bit. Both these programs used together really make modeling a lot simpler.

Milkshape 3D is good because it have an easy "create face" tool, and "Weld Verticies" tool. Its interface isn't the best, you can only select things in the 3 wireframe panels, not in the 3D panel like in Max. It also sees files a lot like pepakura. 3DS Max will flip some faces which can cause open edges.

3DS Max is good because or the interface, and all the tools and modifiers it has. I find myself using the "Boolean" tool a bit (MS3D doesn't have a boolean tool, unless I just haven't found it.) It also has so many more primitives (objects) which makes modeling easier.

I do wish I owned 3ds Max. Maybe someday.

could you please send me the link for 3DS MAX plz?

ok...ive downloaded the 32 bit version of it....when i open it it says this..and yes ive re-installed it bout 4 times now
afg.jpg

clownpuncher said:
ok...ive downloaded the 32 bit version of it....when i open it it says this..and yes ive re-installed it bout 4 times now
What version of DirectX are you running?

Try either upgrading to the latest version or reinstalling DX.

Here's a link to the latest version if you need it.

smilie120 said:
Are you using a mac?

Oh! and great work on the files man il get you some references soon.

no im not...i downloaded direct x and it stilla says the same thing!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ryno said:
here you go robogenisis hope they help

Robo, you might also want to check the gallery here at the forums. I posted 40 some images of all sorts of angles of the armor for reference. I'm still working on making all the angles I need as well.

Just to say, three peice. I made slyfos, cut a bunch of stuff , and made all the detaiils. And my boot was never the same.

Heh.. that's funny, I did this with my boot right before you posted this topic.

Great minds think alike. :D

Clownpuncher: About your problem, it looks like it's saying it won't be able to load and save models (d3d is 3d) or something. Maybe you also have to download the DLL.

Very nice work M8!

I wish I could help here, I dont have an XBOX360 so I cannot get access to the 3d model, and texture file.
Id like to to start on some of the parts too. Im thinking of building them in multiple pieces, like the upper arm looks like its made of components, rather than one part. And then also print it with the texture applied, to assist with the location of all the finer details.

Anybody wanna assist me in my quest for this? I can edit 3D models, I have 3DS Max, and Vizup as well.

Im finding the higher detailed parts for the H3 suit are very hard to find or come by.
So far I have my flying squirrel's AR done via pep, with it sprayed with laquer, and now I have the pistol, helmt, and chest piece. But if I get a few days, I can have these really rocking on their way. Lets face it, most of the work, involves, scissors, and glue with pepakura! LOL

Id appreciate any help you can offer! Id like to help get these files rocked out for everyone to use.

Darth-Malevelus said:
Very nice work M8!

I wish I could help here, I dont have an XBOX360 so I cannot get access to the 3d model, and texture file.
Id like to to start on some of the parts too. Im thinking of building them in multiple pieces, like the upper arm looks like its made of components, rather than one part. And then also print it with the texture applied, to assist with the location of all the finer details.

Anybody wanna assist me in my quest for this? I can edit 3D models, I have 3DS Max, and Vizup as well.

Im finding the higher detailed parts for the H3 suit are very hard to find or come by.
So far I have my flying squirrel's AR done via pep, with it sprayed with laquer, and now I have the pistol, helmt, and chest piece. But if I get a few days, I can have these really rocking on their way. Lets face it, most of the work, involves, scissors, and glue with pepakura! LOL

Id appreciate any help you can offer! Id like to help get these files rocked out for everyone to use.

i would like to help but my 3ds max wont open!!! grrr

clownpuncher said:
i would like to help but my 3ds max wont open!!! grrr
Are you already experienced with Max? Because it isn't a simple program to use...

Nicktendo said:
Are you already experienced with Max? Because it isn't a simple program to use...
QFMFT
i use google sketchup and metasequoia alot, and i honestlly feel overwhelmed and lost when trying to use 3dsmax, although a few tutorials have helped me since then

Im going to update my first post later today, but on this computer I can't edit it without screwing it up. Anyway, here's an update, haven't had much time to work on it for the last few days, but now it's time for school, and I don't have anything better to do there, so I just work on these.
Please tell me EVERYTHING you think I am doing wrong. Tell me what I should add, take away, or edit. Thank you.
Boot1.jpg

I personally think you should leave it as a 1 piece boot and have the bottom middle connected :rolleyes .

But thats just me :p.

-Doom

Using your reference image here...
BootPieces.jpg

It looks like you've got Piece 1 and Piece 2 just meeting at that open edge there. Is there any way you could connect that gap in Piece 2 so Piece 3, when connected, would lie over Piece 2? I hope that's clear.

Aside from that, dear god does that look pretty... :D

@ NICKTENDO (can't use quotes on this computer :()
Yeah, I understand. :)
I was already planning on doing that, but I'm still working on the boot, and not having that overlap yet makes it a lot simpler to work with, especially when I'm working with parts on that edge. That will probably be the last thing I do on it.

@ DOOM
I'll just make that an option when I'm finished. Might just add the middle part as an added "support" in the end model, or have a 3-piece, 2-piece, and 1-piece model for download.

I'm personally going for the 3-piece. Gonna be much easier to put on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back