HD Halo 3 Models by Robogenisis

Did my scaling methodwork for you?

• Too small. Had to scale up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible good news. I still won't be able to work on the models this summer, but next year I might have a bit of semi-free time on the computers everyday. I can't remember the hours, but I'll go to school in the morning, have free time for a while, go to fine woodworking, have more free time, then go to science. I don't know how much free time I'll have, because I think I'll be doing History and Math in those times (although I could do it at home). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Robogenisis said:
Possible good news. I still won't be able to work on the models this summer, but next year I might have a bit of semi-free time on the computers everyday. I can't remember the hours, but I'll go to school in the morning, have free time for a while, go to fine woodworking, have more free time, then go to science. I don't know how much free time I'll have, because I think I'll be doing History and Math in those times (although I could do it at home). I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Looking at all the great models you've made, it'll be sad to see you not making them anymore, but at the same time I thank you so very much for helping us prop makers out a lot. Besides, you did most of the HD Mk VI, you deserve a break from it all anyhow ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a preview of the final smooth CQB helmet. I still need to re-scale it to get the "Enter Your Height" method, so don't unfold this. I'll be unfolding it tomorrow, and have it out by Friday. If you look at the unfolding I have of it right now, you can see my newest method of where to apply the floating faces. I used this method on my FS helmet.

Almost Final Smooth CQB Helmet:
DOWNLOAD HERE.

It is a fairly large file (869kb), with a total of 2196 faces (this includes the large amount of faces on the duplicate details).

looks good, not too hard, but you should unfold it like WetOkole's, this one looks like a train wreck :eek:

ah, im gonna stick to that one anyway. Good work Robo!

I just clicked the auto unfold, then only put those pieces on the page as an example of how I'm doing the details. I'll be unfolding it a lot better than it is now :p.

bit of a necro but worth it and to shows a picture of his HD CQB that hasnt been used much

cqb.jpg

has anyone un-folded this one yet?

I had started unfolding it, but then school ended, I got to doing other things, and I never finished it. Here's a pic of the current unfolding.
CQBSmooth.jpg

HERE is the unfinished unfold of it. It's close to done, but it still needs to be arranged and cut up a little bit more. If anyone feels like finishing it, be my guest.

Mr. Robogenisis,

After reading through your thread and building your boot files, I keep recalling that you had to make all your models at school because you didn't have 3D Max to call your own.

I would like to know if this is still the case...

If the answer is yes and you still don't own a copy I would like to offer the following..

gallery_6885_891_24104.jpg

This is a education version of the software that has not been installed that I have had on my desk at work for many many months. The drawback is since its education license it is only good for a year..

If memory serves me correct it is version 7 (Yes its an old version but it is a legal copy)

If you are still in need and wish to further your knowledge of the product to possibly pursue a carrier in this field. I would like to give this to you.

No strings attached

Please PM me so that we can exchange information and I can get this mailed out to you...

Thanks,

Doug

box o crayons said:
you probably know the rules better than me but u shouldave asked this in a pm instead of bringing back an old thread

The thread is not old per say... He currently doesn't have access to Max at the moment that's why he hasn't been working on his models.

Thus no updates here.. ...

That is why I am posting in his thread related to his topic because I have new information to add. I have already PM'ed Robo and spoke with him so its all good...

Thanks,

Doug

Robogenisis said:
Please only vote in the poll if you have completed a properly scaled piece. When you scaled the piece by entering your hieght, was it too big, too small, or did it fit right?

CURRENT PROJECT
My current project right now is an HD CQB Helmet (more info on the first post of page 25). It's going well, and I expect it not to take two months this time :p . Currently there are 2032 faces on the model (Not including the "knobs")

THE MODELS

The Biceps
Bicep.gif

The Boots
2-PieceBoot.gif

3-PieceBoot.gif

The Handplates
HandPlate-1.gif

DOWNLOADS
THE BOOTS
THE HAND PLATES
THE MK VI BICEPS
SCALING
Full scale is 86 (Masterchiefs height). To scale to your size, enter your hieght in the scale box. This will give you your proper scale. There have been problems getting the right size, so you WILL need to use the size tester or you will probably get a bad scale. You can also try measuring and adjusting the scale in Pepakura. Post your scale and hieght here when you find the scale that works for you.

If the hieght in scale box makes the piece to big, try multiplying the scale by 0.907. This will compensate for the fact that the MC is actually 6' 6" out of his armor, instead of 7' 2". If you try this, please post your findings here. It will help create a scaling system that works well.

MAKE THE INCLUDED SIZE TESTER MODEL FIRST!
You might want to go to the "flap configuration" menu and change the flap sizes to 3mm or 5mm after you scale, or the flaps might be to small.

hey guys im new to the website. just registered. ive made a bunch of the armor and stufff but some of it seems to big! can u guys help me find the scaling thingyour talkin bout. is it a link on pepakura or wat? help would be appreciated. thanx plus im making the HD armor now. :lol:

wow, a necro... and a reply to the opening post...

sorry man but that kind of stuff is better put in the introduce yourself forum, and make sure to check the date next time you post, and don't quote the OP we all know what it is.

other than that, welcome!

How are you supposed to scale these parts again? I tried the scaling method on the first page, but its way too big, and simply multiplying it by .907 does nothing for the extremity of its size. Im about 5'9", so if someone would like to do it for me it would be much appreciated.

Oh good lord, am I necroing? plz admin lords, forgive me! :(

well to the original necro the scale thingy we are talking about was a couple inches above your necro in the post you quoted didnt you read itm and damarius its on the wiki but doesnt really work your better off measuring

Damarius101 said:
How are you supposed to scale these parts again? I tried the scaling method on the first page, but its way too big, and simply multiplying it by .907 does nothing for the extremity of its size. Im about 5'9", so if someone would like to do it for me it would be much appreciated.

Oh good lord, am I necroing? plz admin lords, forgive me! :(

What I did was started about an inch above the bend in my arm and measure up about and inch past my shoulder and mine came out perfect. I use the same method for all my armor and so far it works pretty well. Just a few I had to make just a touch bigger.

Great work.. plan to work with some of these later today... if all goes well (see my thread in noobs)

clownpuncher.. is your background/wallpaper supposed to look like the wispy smoke is forming the chest/torso of a woman.. or am I just a very lonely geek?

Boot.jpg

HI EVERIBODY I LIKE THIS MODEL MAYBE SOMEBODY HAS THE PEP FILE I AM NOVICE AND I WANT TO MAKE THIS MODEL I LIKE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :eek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back