Hello from Croatia - Halo and GoW projects on Balkans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to put bondo on it - I used my fingers to spread it out and it worked fine. I already cut out couple of pieces of the rubber foam I managed to find here and painted them. It seems fine. I also cut out the side under the armpit, just like you suggested.
Jedi here are some more questions:
1. what did you use on the inside? It looks like some sort of black foam
2. How did you attach outside foam pieces? You mentioned glue gun, but it seems to me that your screws actually go through the armor and are screwed on the inside as well
3. What did you use to reattach the "shoulder gate"?

Yes i used 3/4" thick black foam my friend gets it from his work for me

I used a hot glue gun to put on all outside panels then drilled holes threw then used pop rivets not screws.

I used nylon strap on shoulder just cut out a little spot and used small washers and pop rivets
IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

here is a pic closer pic of rivets
IMAG0611.jpg

pic of rivets i used two sizes 1/8" for smaller areas and 3/16" for bigger areas
IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

and you will need a pop rivet gun like this
IMAG0615.jpg

Thanks a lot for helpful information. One last question (for now) - when I asked about 'shoulder gate' I was actually asking about a piece that you cut out from the armor in order to get your shoulder through. How did you reattach that one on your Baird armor?

i attached it with a peace of 3" wide nylon strap and pop rivets
here is a pic of my belt that i did the same way because i cut i into six parts and had to re attach them
DSC00955.jpg

the only thing differnt is on the baird armor i ran the strap up and down rather then side ways like in pic
that way you can run the strap down the whole seam. and you have to use small washers on back side otherwise the pop rivet will
slide through the strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back