Helmet Padding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MykiiAmore

Hey All

I've been looking over the past few days at helmets made by others and also as I am making my own Helmet I notice that the inside is a little bit baggy and Will wobble somewhat when wearing it. So how would someone go ahead and make some padding to go in it? I like the style that are in Motorcyle Helmets that are not totally stiff but give enough padding to kep it firm.

Hope you understand what I mean

Mykii

I've seen some of the guys use actual replacement motorcycle liners, you can find them by searching google. The other option is just to use some hobby foam. I used 2" hobby foam and cut it into small blocks. I dont have any movement in mine once I put it on. Its all just in how you place it inside the helmet.

kind of off topic but how would you make the visors? just some sheet plastic and see through paint? and if so what company makes see through metallic orange? Im sure Im not the firsst to ask and wont be the last.

^lol way off topic but short answer, look up motorcylce visors on ebay and look for a metallic orange thats what everyone else does very few use plastic.

@ OP: for my mk v helmet I used a motorcycle liner. I think its made by Scorpion. Its kinda spendy, like $30 USD but its nice. Try searching ebay for it.

@ master beef: most people use the HJC gold visor. You can find good deals on ebay, like $20

Cheers for the help. Just looking for stuff that will make it look professional as well. It is a load of help guys.#

Would it work if I managed to actually fabricate one myself using a sewing machine? For instance, getting myself some sponge/foam and molding/cutting it to the shape of the helmet, then getting some fabric and sweing it over the foam and using hot glue to position it into the Helmet?

Cheers Weeds

lrgscaleAiroh-2010-Stelt-Monster-Motocross-Helmet-Black-4.JPG

This is the kind of helmets padding I was looking at. Hoping it would be possible to make it with the cheek padding etc. Almost like the full helmet padding not just head like a pedal bike helmet.

Sorry, this is dragging on. And If I do end up making my own padding I'll tutorial it!

What I do is just use some nice kinda thick foam which can be bought for a buck or two at most stores. It's cheap and really easy to use as long as you have your glue and scissors, glue as in hot glue.

Like everybody else said, I would definitely go with a motorcycle liner. They're designed to be worn for long periods of time and unless you're really good at sewing you're not going to get the same level of comfort. Most of them are made to absorb sweat so you're not as hot plus they have snaps so that you can attach the liner and remove it if neccesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back