Helmet Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazaroo

hi i was wondering, when you make a helmet do you make it so it barely fits or can you just make it big enough to get your head in and out of. but then add some padding or something after it has been fiberglassed and bondoed. like the inside of a motorbike helmet. cause i have made a pep helmet low detail and it fits my head when i cut the brim out a bit. i am planning on making a high detail and put the fiberglass and bondo on. please help! :cautious: [attachment=6204:29_08_08_2029.jpg][attachment=6205:29_08_08_2030.jpg]

Hi!

You make the helmet a bit bigger then you need to, so that you can fit in the padding, but it should be tight when the padding is in (tight enough to hold your head but not to squeeze the brains out :p )

You also have to remember that the helmets neckseal will always be too small, so you have to trim it by cutting it so that your head goes in.

Wish i helped, and welcome to the forums!
-FSS

yeah i just got done with my high def model and it was too small i recalculated ad am printing it now. it is kind of a trial and error process, but it is also very fun. after you get it cut out it's all down hill from there.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Hi!

You make the helmet a bit bigger then you need to, so that you can fit in the padding, but it should be tight when the padding is in (tight enough to hold your head but not to squeeze the brains out :p )

You also have to remember that the helmets neckseal will always be too small, so you have to trim it by cutting it so that your head goes in.

Wish i helped, and welcome to the forums!
-FSS

thanks i am making low def. parts first so i can see if the sizes are right and so far i have only had to rescale the forearm and thighs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish_Spartan said:

Is this true on all helmets?
I am making ODST helmet and it is close, but I can fit it on my head without cutting it or bending it.
Does that mean it is too big?

LoneWolf said:
Is this true on all helmets?
It's true for the FS HD Mark VI helmet and maybe for NZ-TK scout helmet also. The DF4L Mark VI and Ruze ODST helmets don't need to be trimmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back