Helo Newcomer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStargateGuy

Hello one and all, my name is Josh, and I'm a newcomer to the Halo Universe... :) I'm looking to purchase a set of armor (I simply don't have the sheer amounts of time or the space to build up my own set right now) before the end of the year, and will be looking here for idea on how to upgrade and improve my armor. :) Right now, I'm looking at a Westerfield set, since it's in my budget and has good upgrade potential... With this in mind, what would you suggest for upgrades and such for it? I already know that I plan on dulling the finish out (I don't care for the glossy look, so I'll hit it with some dullcoat sooner or later) as well as either modifying or changing out the thigh pieces (I prefer the full wrap-around pieces I've seen here as opposed to the half-pieces) in the set, plus adding some other little tweaks to it. :)

Most users will only except transactions with you when you reach Veteran status on the forums, at 60 posts. Stick around a bit, and maybe you oculd set up a deal.

I would do some shopping around before you spend that kind of money on a so-so suit. Stick around the forums for a while make it to veteran status and the inquire as to the price of some of the members suits. Most of them will be better products than what I saw on that site.

Dan W. said:
I would do some shopping around before you spend that kind of money on a so-so suit. Stick around the forums for a while make it to veteran status and the inquire as to the price of some of the members suits. Most of them will be better products than what I saw on that site.

Well, that's what I'm hoping on doing, since Westerfield has been the ONLY place that I've found that sells the full set. I saw the Rubies set, and outside of the helmet, I am NOT impressed with it at all. I'm hoping that, with time here, I can find a manufacturer that has a good set and at a semi-affordable price. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TheStargateGuy said:
Well, that's what I'm hoping on doing, since Westerfield has been the ONLY place that I've found that sells the full set. I saw the Rubies set, and outside of the helmet, I am NOT impressed with it at all. I'm hoping that, with time here, I can find a manufacturer that has a good set and at a semi-affordable price. :)

I'm new too and don't really know pricing or how they operate here, every seller is different. But over at The Lair (a Predator Costuming site) you could get things Raw or Completed

You might wanna go with a raw suit. This would mean you'd have to do the sanding and cutting out of holes as well as mounting and painting but it'll save you some cash.. usually.

TheStargateGuy said:
Hello one and all, my name is Josh, and I'm a newcomer to the Halo Universe... :) I'm looking to purchase a set of armor (I simply don't have the sheer amounts of time or the space to build up my own set right now) before the end of the year, and will be looking here for idea on how to upgrade and improve my armor. :) Right now, I'm looking at a Westerfield set, since it's in my budget and has good upgrade potential... With this in mind, what would you suggest for upgrades and such for it? I already know that I plan on dulling the finish out (I don't care for the glossy look, so I'll hit it with some dullcoat sooner or later) as well as either modifying or changing out the thigh pieces (I prefer the full wrap-around pieces I've seen here as opposed to the half-pieces) in the set, plus adding some other little tweaks to it. :)

NOOBS NEED TO START OFF HERE... http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17078

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back