Help finding a specific fabric

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanthebruce

I am currently in the process of working on an ODST costume, and I'm trying to think of how to store it. I think I want to make the crate I keep it in match the Halo Infinite Elite Controller 2 case, but in black and with the ODST insignia, rather than the UNSC Insignia. Does anyone know what the style of fabric used on the controller case is called? Thanks!

Have you got some images of the controller case? That'll help us identify what it is you're looking for

Attachments

• IMG_5938.jpg
    IMG_5938.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5937.jpg
    IMG_5937.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 98
I'd say it's a nylon fabric like Cordura. Cordura is a fabric made by Dupont specifically for this sort of purpose (bags etc.) but there are fabrics that have the same sort of look. Cordura specifically can be a little pricey but pretty easy to find and some sources will even list Cordura-like fabrics so you should be able to find something without much trouble. I'd say that waterproof canvas would also be a good choice - Ottertex to be specific. I get mine from Fabric Wholesale Direct (you don't need an account). It's great to work with! They have an army green but it's a darker than your reference so you might want to keep looking:

1645662495508.png

I'd say it's a nylon fabric like Cordura. Cordura is a fabric made by Dupont specifically for this sort of purpose (bags etc.) but there are fabrics that have the same sort of look. Cordura specifically can be a little pricey but pretty easy to find and some sources will even list Cordura-like fabrics so you should be able to find something without much trouble. I'd say that waterproof canvas would also be a good choice - Ottertex to be specific. I get mine from Fabric Wholesale Direct (you don't need an account). It's great to work with! They have an army green but it's a darker than your reference so you might want to keep looking:

View attachment 314454
Thank you! This is perfect! And yes, that is a little darker green, though for my ODST case I think (If I end up making it some day) I'd go with Black, so that it can stand apart from the UNSC style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back