"Help!" for: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crzycutie, crack open the flashlight you want to use, find the switch and shove something metal between the wires, tape in place so it's always on. Aluminum or tin foil works fine.

TheHobo777, is not really an electronics question. I am unaware of any pep designs that encorporate the size of an iPhone. Is a good idea. I'm sure someone would be willing to work with you to scale an existing pep tacpad to hold an iPhone.

can someone tell me how to make a radio communicator in my helmet that works with a walke-talke thingy so i don't need to pull out my phone and pull off my helmet to talk to my friends when im at a convention i probably will wander around a lot so i want to know what walke- talke thing or what ever i should use for a good bit of distance

Can use a headset. The wired ones will work better at conventions (as opposed to bluetooth ones).

Cell phones are actually best. Everyone has the same idea with those long range walkie talkies. All the frequencies are in use at any event with lots of people.

This is really the best place I can think of to ask this question. I'm trying to figure out where to put the fan in my helmet where the vents are not all that visible, but when I look at the WIP's I see fans but no vents on the outside. Are they just put in to move the air around and keep it from getting stale or are they suppose to pull outside air in. Thanks in advance!

Correct, you do not need vents. The fresh air comes from the bottom of the helmet. Place your fan near the mouth, blowing air away from your face onto the visor.

Alternately, I have seen one person put the fan in the top of his helmet. Then cut some vents up there too, hiding them with the natural grooves on the helmet's top.

I`ve been searching for the ammo counter item`s but I di`nt found it in my country,does there`s other`s method to make`s it?
secondy I`VE been quetioning how to put the ammo counter inside and not ruining The gun(MA5C)

It is best to plan for an ammo counter during construction of the gun. If you already have a solid cast gun prop, you have a more difficult job ahead of you. Carving out a cavity that will fit the ammo counter and still look good.

I do offer ammo counter kits to people, check out my website for details.

I'm trying to add a kick back effect to my guns. I'm assuming the best way to do this is through solenoids. The only problem is I can't find any, ANYWHERE. I have only found sites that talk about their product and no actual "buy this item" sort of thing. Do you know where I could find solenoid motors or is there another way of doing it?

The kick back would be for shotguns and pistols. Assault Rifles and such only really need a vibrating motor. That's easy enough.

Thanks again for all of your help!

It is best to plan for an ammo counter during construction of the gun. If you already have a solid cast gun prop, you have a more difficult job ahead of you. Carving out a cavity that will fit the ammo counter and still look good.

I do offer ammo counter kits to people, check out my website for details.
Does it allow for shipping across country I live in INDONESIA it`s around SOUTH EAST ASIA
And i`ve been running to a preety tight budget I may not able to afford the shipping cost

Recon313, I use flat rate shipping. This sort of discussion is inappropriate for the forums. You can email me instead: thatdecade@gmail.com

Spartan-010, check arcade part supply shops. Happ is a good one. That will get you the solenoid, however, you will still need to power it. Arcade solenoids generally run on 40 V or more.

That is where I got stuck. The solenoids available from the arcade shops are for pistols. The increased mass of a rifle barely got any movement from the solenoid. Lame.

Then when installed in a pistol, there is no room for the large power supply. Requires a tether to a belt or backpack power supply. Quite lame.

does anyone know how much voltage a bluetooth wireless headphone set applies to the speakers that are mounted to the set? the reason is that i want to wire up leds to the ends where the speakers would normally be and controll the brightness through the volume control. i do not want rip open a good set of wireless headphones if this is not even possible, but if it is how many leds could i wire up? how long would they last? i am considering to use this because the head set comes with a good battery pack and i could controll the brightness, but only if it would work.

Not sure on the voltage applied to the speakers, but the charging voltage of Bluetooth headsets is 5V.

Sound voltages are generally very low, less then a volt. Turning up the volume does increase the voltage applied to the speakers. It doesn't really matter what the voltage is anyway. Wire a transistor or two into the speaker wiring, this will amplify the speaker voltage signal. Then you can wire up as many LEDs as you like.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Ste...ED-Lighting/step6/Building-the-LED-Circuitry/

That guide shows the basics. If you need more help, I can draw you a sketch of how to wire things.

thank you thatdecade. now i just need to figure out how to keep the voltage constant. maybe i could just create a heavy bass loop in sony acid, that would last a while to keep the voltage constant. all i need now is to find my old pair of wireless headset that my daughter ripped off an ear bud and experiment.

Huh, why do you want the voltage constant, the whole point of wiring to the speakers is to have lights that blink in time with the music.

If you wanted steady lights, just wire the LEDs into the battery.

I am looking to get a new soldering iron for basic electronic wiring. I have tried to use the cheap $2.00 ones, and I just can't seem to get them to work well, so I have decided to get a nice quality one. One feature that would be nice is to have different attachments ie. blade for cutting foam.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have heard that Weller is pretty much the only brand to go with.

You're scaring me, did you say you want to use a solder iron to cut plastic?? Use your kitchen stove, a knife you don't mind ruining, and don't breath the fumes.
Cutting foam. Not plastic. I saw somewhere that one soldering iron came with an attachment for cutting rope, like a hot knife. It isn't a feature I need, I just thought it would be an extra thing that I might use once a year.

Thanks for showing me what you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back