"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to sound rude but, I already checked and didn't find what I was looking for. ._.

If you can't find the reference pictures you need, take the pictures you need in Reach in theatre mode. They automatically upload to your bungie.net account. That's what I did.

Tubing on mk iv helmet

I've seen it here but I dint know how to mount or what to buy for the small tubes on the master cheif helmet (the ones near the chin.) also what is a good diameter fir the "headlights" on the helmet? Thanks

I have a question about helmet visors.

What are some of the generally used methods of visor creation? Do you just buy an actual visor and glue it in? Do you Heat Gun a motorcycle visor around a pep version of your desired visor? etc.

What are some of the method for; cost efficiency, simplicity, accuracy, and speed?

Thank You

I have a question about helmet visors.

What are some of the generally used methods of visor creation? Do you just buy an actual visor and glue it in? Do you Heat Gun a motorcycle visor around a pep version of your desired visor? etc.

What are some of the method for; cost efficiency, simplicity, accuracy, and speed?

Thank You

Most of us here tend to buy real visors (available online or at any motorcycle shop) and install them into the empty visor spot in the helmet. One of the most common ways is to use an epoxy to attach a lugnut and screw to the inside of the helmet and screw the helmet into place. But instead of me explaining the whole thing, Blackula727 did an excellent job on this thread, and a few other members contributed as well. Definitely a good read if you are wondering about visor installations. All of your questions should be answered in his thread.

Hey guys,
I remember seeing a thread with a custom female spartan armor that was very revealing, but alas I must have not bookmarked it and now I'm unable to find it. Anybody happen to remember where this thread is? My girlfriend decided she wants some armor for next years con and I thought that one could give me some great inspiration. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering has anyone made a fully see-through visor for an EVA helmet? I've been thinking about vacuum forming a visor for one.

this is probably a common question, but I looked on Amazon and the gold visor I wanted was $30. is that a normal price or should I look elsewhere?

Can anyone give me tips on how to measure your foot? I mean i wear a ten and a half double wide boot but my shoes measure 12 inches cause of my wide feet. I tried measuring both shoe lengths and trying to make a boot with both but to say the least the final product came out to fit Bigfoot not me, am i doing or measuring it wrong, or does the pepakura Designer even factor in wide feet?

Can anyone give me tips on how to measure your foot? I mean i wear a ten and a half double wide boot but my shoes measure 12 inches cause of my wide feet. I tried measuring both shoe lengths and trying to make a boot with both but to say the least the final product came out to fit Bigfoot not me, am i doing or measuring it wrong, or does the pepakura Designer even factor in wide feet?
well, what you have to do is measure your foot with the shoe that youre putting the pepakura on, then convert it into millimetres. HaloGoddess had a great thread about scaling, I have the link on my other computer, ill PM it to you tommarow

well, what you have to do is measure your foot with the shoe that youre putting the pepakura on, then convert it into millimetres. HaloGoddess had a great thread about scaling, I have the link on my other computer, ill PM it to you tommarow

Thats the thing :/ I converted it to millimeters while wearing the shoe I'm going to be wearing with my boots and it still came out ridiculously Huge
Here is a pic for referance to my problem.

100_3172.jpg

I remember seeing a thread with a custom female spartan armor that was very revealing, but alas I must have not bookmarked it and now I'm unable to find it. Anybody happen to remember where this thread is? My girlfriend decided she wants some armor for next years con and I thought that one could give me some great inspiration.

AceNat's Kat build maybe?

I know this is dumb, but how do you change the profile picture?

In your settings.

this is probably a common question, but I looked on Amazon and the gold visor I wanted was $30. is that a normal price or should I look elsewhere?

I believe there's one on Amazon for 10$, but it has rainbow-coloured reflections instead of the plain gold you may be looking for.

Thats the thing :/ I converted it to millimeters while wearing the shoe I'm going to be wearing with my boots and it still came out ridiculously Huge
Here is a pic for referance to my problem.

Try this:

1. Take an exact profile picture of your boot with a scale under (not in front of!) it. You'll have to hold the scale there somewhere ot glue it to a table edge or something like that.
  2. Rotate the boot model in Pepakura Designer so that it's an exact profile view as well, change the view angle in the setting if necessary, you want the model to look "flat".
  3. Open up the photo of your boot in Gimp (or a similar program)
  4. Paste the screenshot of your pep boot on top of that with 70% transparency. Scale it to the necessary size and then read that size from the scale in the picture.
  5. Make sure to add a bit of space, as both your screenshots are probably slightly distorted
  6. If you held your scale in front of your boot instead of exactly on or under it, it'll be way off.

Try this:

1. Take an exact profile picture of your boot with a scale under (not in front of!) it. You'll have to hold the scale there somewhere ot glue it to a table edge or something like that.
  2. Rotate the boot model in Pepakura Designer so that it's an exact profile view as well, change the view angle in the setting if necessary, you want the model to look "flat".
  3. Open up the photo of your boot in Gimp (or a similar program)
  4. Paste the screenshot of your pep boot on top of that with 70% transparency. Scale it to the necessary size and then read that size from the scale in the picture.
  5. Make sure to add a bit of space, as both your screenshots are probably slightly distorted
  6. If you held your scale in front of your boot instead of exactly on or under it, it'll be way off.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds complicated but ill try thanks Venture. And heck you know what they say complicated things if done right usually are the best way to do em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back