"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a second question...
I've looked around for info on fibreglassing and I really can't decipher just what to do.
From what I can tell you cut up some Fibreglass sheet into little bits and glue it to the inside?
Also, if thats correct, what do you do to stop it from poking you when the things finished?

hello how do you get the program to make the designs for helmetsif yu can please send me a link to go to and how to use it people tell me i can just download it then download copys of someone elses helmet design on the computer is this true if so how can i do ths i am brand new and can usse as much help as i can get

i know this may be in the wrong froum but its along the lines of pepakura so ill put it here anyway. after reading other posts and stickies, everyone reckons that hot glue is best for making pep models, am i supposed to use the gun to apply it to the paper or take a bit off the end and rub it on with a toothpick or something, it dries really fast and ive made a mess of my carters helmet attachment.

And that is why I use superglue instead of hot glue. But maybe somebody with hot glue experience (cause there are indeed many people who use it) has a trick up his sleeve that helps you.
(By the way, hot glue technically doesn't "dry" ;-))

I have a second question...
I've looked around for info on fibreglassing and I really can't decipher just what to do.
From what I can tell you cut up some Fibreglass sheet into little bits and glue it to the inside?
Also, if thats correct, what do you do to stop it from poking you when the things finished?

You don't just glue them to the inside, you put resin in there and use the glass fibres to reinforce that. If you do it right, the fibres will be completely enveloped by a thin resin layer.

Also, keep in mind that larger pieces are better than smaller pieces. So don't cut it up into stamp-sized squares.

hello how do you get the program to make the designs for helmetsif yu can please send me a link to go to and how to use it people tell me i can just download it then download copys of someone elses helmet design on the computer is this true if so how can i do ths i am brand new and can usse as much help as i can get

The first thing you need is a handful of dots to use at the end of your sentences. Here, have some: ...............

Now, welcome to the 405th. Make sure to watch Adam's intro video and read the stickies (Posts with orange symbols, it says "sticky" next to that). All you need to know to start is in there.

i am getting agitated now. I rescaled the helmet how i wanted it to fit my head for Kat and i am sure the pieces just got smaller and they keep coming off the page and a dirty great big black line going down the page

Im having a real issue with the scaling of my mkvi belt piece and. Ive used a couple of different modles but keep running in to the same issue which is, that if i scale it to actualy fit me which is around 500mm wide, the wole piece looks far too big and is way out of proportion with the other pieces ive made. its probable that it will interfere with the thigh pieces and even me walking its so large. So is there anything i can do to make it wide enough without it looking like a diaper? (no joking thats how looks). Sorry i dont have a pic to illistrat exactly what im talking about.

Print screen shoild let you do it if you save it as a picture on paint or powerpoint. I do that. then upload it here.

I can't tell if all these pics for Kat's aromour is meant to be small :S

repost...

Im having a real issue with the scaling of my mkvi belt piece and. Ive used a couple of
different modles but keep running in to the same issue which is, that if i scale it to
actualy fit me which is around 500mm wide, the wole piece looks far too big and is way out
of proportion with the other pieces ive made. its probable that it will interfere with the
thigh pieces and even me walking its so large. So is there anything i can do to make it wide
enough without it looking like a diaper? (no joking thats how looks). Sorry i dont have a
pic to illistrat exactly what im talking about.

Also, how do i stop the numbers from merging into each other. i cant find that anywhere

You can decrease the font size, but there are pieces that are simply too small to keep the numbers separete. It's easiest to keep your computer on and simply look where the parts go in Pepakura Designer.

i am getting agitated now. I rescaled the helmet how i wanted it to fit my head for Kat and i am sure the pieces just got smaller and they keep coming off the page and a dirty great big black line going down the page

Stop. Don't get agitated. Big mistake.

The rest of that I didn't get...

You can decrease the font size, but there are pieces that are simply too small to keep the numbers separete. It's easiest to keep your computer on and simply look where the parts go in Pepakura Designer.

Showing is better than telling.

Stop. Don't get agitated. Big mistake.

The rest of that I didn't get...

Show is better than tell. one moment

One i went by what Ithica said. To reduce the margin to 5mm so i did.
BIG FAT BLACK LINES YUCK!!!
DSCF0831.jpg

This is without the margins reduced and came out better but still a black line....
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac321/TKanaAmaterasu/DSCF0832.jpg

Also, from what you can see of my finger, I measured out 240mm helmet size, maybe 250mm through the link you sent me yesterday and was wondering if i have done this right because i am going round the twist with this

I have been having the same problem with the pep. When I print I will get a page that is all solid black or I will only get the line ID with no lines.

Sorry if this has already been covered and I just missed it, but what's with the big gaps between pieces of armor that should be solid? I'm building a suit for a 6-year old so I tried to go with the low-def patterns, but the Mark VI thigh is like 5 seperate parts that don't hook together (some of the odst armor looks this way as well). Am I missing something?

Sorry if this has already been covered and I just missed it, but what's with the big gaps between pieces of armor that should be solid? I'm building a suit for a 6-year old so I tried to go with the low-def patterns, but the Mark VI thigh is like 5 seperate parts that don't hook together (some of the odst armor looks this way as well). Am I missing something?

the pepakura i downloaded appears to have Kat's chest plates missing

hay 405th my pepping is not working out im working on a mark 6 helm from halo3 and had a missprint i reprinted the piece and now after folding im ready for final assemble and theres the problem the numbers on the piece dont match with the piece the program is telling me it should go, should i move on? this is 1 of 3 reprinted pieces the build will stop on this section for now thanks

-- billt316--

This has to be the most basic question for pepakura, I'll inquire it like a scared little noob;

Thems so many pages! Where do I start?? T-T

I noticed on the file that it's number with Line ID's. Is that the order you need to assemble the product? I didn't do that on my first pep, the infamous beginner grenade (of justice).

Thanks for your help guys!

Hello Im new to the 405th not sure if this has been asked before pretty sure it has but I was watching a Tutorial Video from Ithaca and he was saying that when you install the pep it should already come downloaded with everything...So I went to the website and installed pep like he said but theirs nothing in their. How do I get all the blue prints?

Hello I know this is asked a lot but can anyone tell me a good scaling method functional for any armor or post a link please!!! thanks in advance

Hello I know this is asked a lot but can anyone tell me a good scaling method functional for any armor or post a link please!!! thanks in advance

Here's a good method from a scaling thread.

Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

One thing to keep in mind
The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.

Hope it helps. It's not guaranteed to work because as it said, this was only ment for a certain armor, but it's better then leaving empty handed.
The thread I got it from was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back