HELP!! Please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadspace77

Haha k so I'm making me a halo helmet and resined and fiberglassed it, I have sanded the resin a bit now.. How much do I sand?? Just a little then put bondo on or do I sand it a ton then put bondo on??

You don't have to sand before applying Bondo. You can go strait from fiberglassing to Bondo, then sanding.

Haha k so I'm making me a halo helmet and resined and fiberglassed it, I have sanded the resin a bit now.. How much do I sand?? Just a little then put bondo on or do I sand it a ton then put bondo on??

Going through the steps like a preprogrammed robot is not the point. Use common sense - If there is too much material, you sand. If there is not enough material, you add some.

You dont sand before putting on bondo. Sand after bondo or what ever putty you are using.

A good rule of thumb my father told me is when you think you are done sanding, sand some more. You want a smooth uniformed surface no lumps, cracks, holes, ect. You also have to work your way from a high grit paper to a low one. I go from 80 to 100 to 220 to 320. By the time im done its as smooth as glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back