Help w/ warping problems w/ the N6 helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero Waffles

Jr Member
I'm having warping problems with the noble six helmet near the area above the chin part.
Untitled.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried pepping this area 3 times, but it keeps warping.

You could spider-web with hot glue on the inside of the helmet to reinforce it to prevent it from warping, though I forgot who does that....
Credit goes to the person who first said that :D (not me)

Hmm, I don't think so... lol
And you know you can edit your posts, right?
Apparently the mods hate double posting x_x

You could always try strengthening it while still in the pepping phase, i.e cardboard, or doubling up the cardstock, to maintain its strength, although that may interfere with the resining stage.

I'm having warping problems with the noble six helmet near the area above the chin part.
Untitled.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried pepping this area 3 times, but it keeps warping.

Which file is that? I've never seen it on 4 shared

Any way you could post a picture of your pep so we can better see how it's warping? That would give us some more ideas as to how to help you out.

I am doing this helmet to I am still in the peping phase I should be doing this peace tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I tried pepping it again while strengthening it with hot glue. It's nearly impossible to get it to the correct place. Any more tips?

Hmmm... I say just cut that piece out first, pep it and prep it for assembly, aka score, then do the chin part, put it together carefully and put the bottom visor piece on after to make sure it stays in place. And what I meant by the hot glue, is spider-web on the WHOLE inside of the helmet, not just that part :l
And also, if THAT doesn't work, then I'll pep that part and try to see what went wrong with your peps....

Well, I pepped that area for the fifth time, and did all the recommended solutions, but it's still coming out incredibly warped. I don't think the pieces can be made, unless I'm doing something very wrong.

Thinking the pieces can't be made might be going a bit too far, considering other people on here have made that helmet. Like so. I see you're using Rundown's original unfold, right? You might want to consider giving Brandon's unfold a try, it's in the official thread (and I think it's the unfold in the picture in that thread). But I'm looking at the file, and Rundown's unfold looks totally pepable to me. Pictures would really help, I don't really know what to recommend without seeing the problem.

When I built mine, i backed areas like that with cardboard so they would stay flat. If there was an area I wanted curved, I would hot glue another peice of cardstock inside while holding the shape I wanted. Once the hotglue cooled, it would maintain its shape. You can also use cardboard or cardstock to make your own support peices for peps that don't have them in the model. Its fairly easy to do.

I'm using Ral Partha's unfold which is great, and I'm able to pep everything else besides that one part. I don't have a camera, I really regret it, but I can accent the parts that are warping.

Untitled-2.png

The red lines accent an inward warp.

@Brandon McClain

I'll make some cardboard supports and see if that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back