HELP WANTED! Spartan Regiments, help your state

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new 405th style of the forums. Too bad I missed it when it happened (darn internet company for disconnecting me)

Well, since there is now a limit to how many pics you can put up on a post, I'll just make a written list of all the banners we have and what not.

Total = 23 out of 50 states

States We Have
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Utah
Texas
Wisconsin

States We Don't Have
Alabama
Arkansas
Delaware
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Mississippi
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wyoming

International
Canada
Quebec
Singapore
UK

Sorry to bump this post

What's the font for the banner on the logo, anyone?

Deadguy said:
I'm not sure about naming them regiments though...
According to Dictionary.com:
Regiment Military. a unit of ground forces, consisting of two or more battalions or battle groups, a headquarters unit, and certain supporting units.
Battalions - Military. a ground force unit composed of a headquarters and two or more companies or similar units.
Company - Military. a. the smallest body of troops, consisting of a headquarters and two or three platoons.
Platoon - military unit consisting of two or more squads or sections and a headquarters.
If anything, the Website becomes the Regiment, and then the States become Battalions, but the companies would fall under that somehow, and then platoons? squads?
I'd rather do it like the 501st does, with a Spartan Legion and State Garrisons/Outposts and Garrison Squads. It just seems more appropriate to me?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/legion
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/garrison
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outpost

Here's the Halo Wiki article for UNSC Marine Corps organization, and here's the one on Hierarchy for (real-world) Modern Armies

Expeditionary Force
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Divisions
Unit leader — unknown (the USMC Expeditionary Force is under the command of a lieutenant general)
Identification Scheme — Designated with a number, all Expeditionary Forces in the UNSC are on the same number system. (eg- 9th Marine Expeditionary Force))

Division
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Regiments
Unit leader — unknown (USMC divisions are under the command of a major general)
Identification Scheme — Designated with a number, all Divisions in the UNSC are on the same number system. (eg- 21st Marine Division, 105th ODST Division)

Regiment
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Battalions
Unit leader — unknown (USMC regiments are under the command of a colonel)
Identification Scheme — Designated with a number, all Regiments in the UNSC are on the same number system. (eg- 77th Marine Regiment, 506th Tank Regiment)

Battalion
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Companies
Unit leader — Major-Lieutenant Colonel
Identification Scheme — Recieve a numbering within the Regiment, or an independant number for special forces units (eg- 7th ODST Battalion)

Company
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Platoons
Unit leader — Captain
Identification Scheme — Designated with a letter from the Phonetic Alphabet. (eg- Tango Company, Alpha Company)

Platoon
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Squads
Unit leader — Gunnery Sergeant, Second Lieutenant, or First Lieutenant
Identification Scheme — Numbered within a Company (eg- First Platoon, Fourteenth Platoon)

Squad
No. of subordinate units — 2+ Fireteams
Unit leader — Corporal-Staff Sergeant
Identification Scheme — Numbered (using the word, not the number) within a Platoon. (eg- First Squad, Second Squad)

Fireteam, Combat Team
No. of subordinate units — N/A
Unit leader — Corporal-Staff Sergeant
Identification Scheme — Designated with a letter from the phonetic alphabet within a squad, (eg- Combat Team Alpha, Fireteam Charlie)

========================

501st garrisons include multiple states/countries (Star Garrison = Texas, Oklahoma, Lousiana, & Arkansas) or parts of states/countries (California is broken into 3: northern, central, and southern). Would we want to break up the US into the regions (northeast/new england, southeast, midwest, southwest and west) for garrisons then states for battalions and so on ... or just states=garrisons? And remember, we don't necessarily just have Spartans, some people may have just made ODSTs, Marines, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam I made the helmet logo in these, your welcome to them if you want the editables.

I'm an Okie I guess :-( I'll work up some more. I think I stamp or something should be on all banners though that is an official stamp of the 405th.

Deadguy said:
Nope.. there's three of us Floridians here that I know about.
four ^^

im adding the florida sig

so does all this mean were turning into the real deal?

The Expeditionary Force caught my eye - (I was part of an AEF to Bahrain in '97-98). What if we designate cons as EFs? For instance, Wiz Con Chicago is in June. Everyone attending that could be part of the 608th EF. 6 - for June, 08 - for 2008. Any numbering system would work, really. Just an idea, gives it a sort of TDY/military feel. At home, you're the XXXXXXX regiment, but at the con, you're XXXth EF. Patches would be pretty cool too.

Edit to add:
I was inspired to make a TX banner:
txbannertm1.jpg

Vader said:
The Expeditionary Force caught my eye - (I was part of an AEF to Bahrain in '97-98). What if we designate cons as EFs? For instance, Wiz Con Chicago is in June. Everyone attending that could be part of the 608th EF. 6 - for June, 08 - for 2008. Any numbering system would work, really. Just an idea, gives it a sort of TDY/military feel. At home, you're the XXXXXXX regiment, but at the con, you're XXXth EF. Patches would be pretty cool too.
Great idea!

Oh, and here's my Arkansas banner:
arkansasregiment.jpg

I got a four day weekend after my last three exams, so I'll try to whip up some Virginia bannners.

Didn't someone say they needed South Carolina? I'll try to make one of those too.

Spartan-573 said:
International
Canada
Quebec
Singapore
UK

I don't know what you prefer, but for the Quebec regiment (whose the only french state in Canada), do you want it like

French Canadian Garison (because other frenchies lives outside Quebec)

or

Quebec Garrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back