Help Warping

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerobluefox

HI guys im new to making armor so i tried building carters halo helmet i put in alot of work in it and after the folding and the gluing i finished it but i came out looking lopsided i really do not wanna trash it or contine on if its going to look terrible. do u guys know any way i can slove this problem ill put pictures of it later when i get home. Thanks for reading this,

It really would have been best to just post this when you do have photos instead of promising to put up pictures later...

Not much help we can offer without seeing photos of what's wrong. However, the most general advice is to use cardboard (fold into V lengthwise), foamboard, chopsticks, bamboo skewers, or something similar to force the piece into the proper shape before hardening it. Either lay flat against areas that need support, or insert across the inside of the helmet where appropriate to get the proper shape back.

100_0984.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0983.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0982.jpg

100_0981.jpg

honestly I mean no offense to this post but what I notices from the pictures is afew things..

this being what king of glue did you use on it.. it looks like you used hot glue on it which could lead to the warping issues as the weight of the glue caused the model to dry tilted which is what you see. I have no clue what would fix it to not be lopsided at this stage in the game. But if you rebuild I suggest either elmers gluestick or just plain white glue applied via a toothpick or other spreading apparatus. sure it will take longer to set and all but the quality improves alot.. for example here is the paper mockup of the dead space helm I did using elmers white glue on it. notice how much cleaner it looks gluing wise.

SANY0033.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

I in no way mean this is be a negative post but sharing my own experiences with failed builds and warping due to wrong types of glue and hope this will save you more troubles in the future.

Well, in all honesty, it doesn't look very good at all, not just because it's lopsided, but because it's simply pepped very badly in general. You didn't cut straight, you hardly folded anything and you didn't precisely glue the edges on top of each other (thus all the holes and protruding parts). All of these (especially together!) will mess up your model.

Starting over is probably the best solution. Take your time and don't rush it. If you throw this together in an hour and without any concentration, you will either fail completely or have to spend ten times the supposedly "saved" time later.

Ventrue is right. When I first started pepping, my first finished product (a simple mario coin) turned out horribly. With tons of practice, which you will get plenty of when you make the rest of your armor, you will get really good. If you have any questions, ask around. The 405th has THE BEST peppers I have seen. Keep it up Zero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back