Help With Fibreglassing And Resin-ing. Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelieverXx

Right, i've "Pepped" my COD piece, it all fits and that jazz. But, i'm abit of a novice when it comes to resin and fibreglass, and i couldn't help notice that along with the chest piece, the COD piece is extremely flimsy and weak.
My query is that if i resin and fibreglass it, and during the drying process it goes out of place, it's obviously going to dry and set in a wrong position=\
Can anyone help me with this?
How can i support the COD piece so i can resin and fibreglass it? =\ Cause i don't want it to dry and set all wrong, and then not fit.
(I sorted my chest piece by hanging it on a coat hanger :p)

(Being the "noob" that i am :p, i did search this many times, and failed to find an adequate result, if anyone has one, or knows of a thread please point me in the right direction :) )

Something I've done, and it's worked is:

1. Get it into the shape you want.
2. Get some cardboard, and cut some strips that will support it in that shape you want.
3. Hot glue those strips to the piece to keep it in that shape.
4. Resin, then after the resin has dried you should have the shape you want.
5. Cut off the cardboard with a dremel or use an exacto (which will take a bit of time).

After you do that, you should have the exact shape you want/need for the piece.

You can use anything, really. Anything that works.

Use cardboard that holds the right position, or use a broken broomhandle, or a thicker stick you find in your yard or in the woods. you can take a onetime-use coathanger ,cut it, bend it to fit the size you want. use hotglue at best, i think.

If you have a dremel it REALLY doesn't matter if you use the hardest things, but if you only have szissors i would recommend three cardboardstrips glues together in a triangle and trimmed to the right size with the right edges.

Many COD pep files already have paper supports planned in, you just cut and glue them according to the program.

Alright cheers guys!
I will definately give this a try and post the results sometime

After the bad weather goes away that is ^.^ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back