Help with Foam Shin Scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So I have Shin Templates in the Pepakura software but I'm having a bit of trouble scaling it. When I put the height in, witch is 406mm. The width would be 187. I need the width around 437mm. When I put the width to 437mm the length would go to 991mm. Any thought on how I could do this? Thanks!

I dont believe there is anyway to adjust height and width at the same time in pepakura, but I could be wrong.

Is everything scaled correctly? That seems like an awfully wide shin.

I know it sounds big. I thought the same thing too. I measured the biggest part of my leg and it was 17 inches. I have pretty big calf's. Plus I think the rule for using Foam is your supposed to add an extra inch.

I know it sounds big. I thought the same thing too. I measured the biggest part of my leg and it was 17 inches. I have pretty big calf's. Plus I think the rule for using Foam is your supposed to add an extra inch.

That does indeed sound huge. Your scale would make the shin look something like this:

wide_shin_zps3ba3c5ff.jpg

It sounds like you are measuring the diameter of your shin/calve and not the width. I am 6'4" and I also have big calve muscles. My shins are scaled to 457mm tall and 197mm wide which fit perfectly for me. I suggest keeping it at the proper height and if, in the end, you need a little more room you can split it down the back seam and add some more foam.

Attachments

• wide_shin_zps3ba3c5ff.jpg
    wide_shin_zps3ba3c5ff.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 219
Lol I was measuring the Diameter. My math is all jumbled around in my head. So are you saying I should just scale the height and keep the rest?

Lol I was measuring the Diameter. My math is all jumbled around in my head. So are you saying I should just scale the height and keep the rest?

Yep! The height is the most crucial measurement of the shin piece and you can always add girth easily enough with foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back