Help With Gold Visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic R4ptor

I've started the project on producing Master Chief's MkVII armor from Halo 4. I'm starting tomorrow and hope to post pictures soon for everyone. I notice that most armor made has a gold visor and I was wondering how the visors are made. I know that one of the tricks is to buy a motorcycle helmet, but I don't entirely have the budget for that. So if there's any ways of making that great gold shine that you all know of that, the help would be greatly appreciated. Is it a certain type of paint or a sticky film cover? What?
Thank you for all and any responses!

There are other ways, some people use a 2l pop bottle and cut it to shape and paint it. You will need to practice that one to get one you can see out of. The motor cycle visor is the best bet, you don't need to buy the hole helm. Just ask at the parts counter for a replacement visor the are about $25 to $40 depending on the visor. Also one one the guys here found a pattern that matches the pattern on the visor and can be printed out on clear plastic and placed over the visor for the right effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back