Help with Grunt Armor, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrie

I just have no idea how to figure out the scale... I read in one of the threads that "real world" ratio is 30.342, but I'm not sure if that applies to all the armors, or just a specific one. I can tell that the head piece is going to be way too small, is there any way to figure out how big to make it? It's for a person who is 49" tall. I'm sorry if this question has been answered a million time. I did try to find it in the forums, but couldn't figure it out. Thanks! =D

If you give me a width measurement from shoulder to shoulder and from cheekbone to cheekbone(just straight across), I can see if I can try to find a scale that works with some proxies.

I will get that to you this afternoon. But, wow! This armor is meant for like a little Beanie Babie...I just have been printing out the neck area where his head would go thru and increasing by 50% is still too small. And at that size, a lot of the pieces now won't fit on one sheet. I guess I will have to print on more than one page and then tape them together...I'm not sure I will be able to pull this off...cry...

Thanks so much for your effort, I will measure him as soon as he's home from school! =D

Ok, shoulder to shoulder he is 13" across and cheekbone to cheekbone is 5 1/2 ''
Okay, I think I have a pretty easy solution for everything. I cannot confirm this until tomorrow morning but I believe this will work for you if you want to give it a try tonight:

You need to download the All-in-One Halo Pepakura Pack. For some reason the Covenant Grunt Armor in the pack is different than the one on the wiki. It is scaled up to a larger size and broken apart for 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper. (Do not download this file Carrie, this is for other people's information, keep reading to find out why.)

I think this size may be perfect for your son. By default, this file is set up for 17" wide. That gives your son 2" of overhang from the shoulders, which looks about perfect.

However, I think the mask at this scale is little too large. Luckily, the mask in the file in the all-in-one pack is laid out on the last 4 pages. There are a couple pieces that should not be on those pages, so I am going to PM you a fixed version of this file. For the correct scale, I think a Scale Factor with the width reduced to 381 mm would make the mask fit your son better. Again, I am just eyeballing this.

I am also going to make some changes to the pep file to make it easier for you to print test builds for fitting and PM you a link in a little bit.

omg...you are my hero! Thank you so much for doing all of this for me, I was at my wits end trying to figure this out!! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back