Help With Measureing

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonymares711

so sorry to bother but ive been on this epic search for how to measure for scaling se i measured my head horizontally ear to ear and its 8 ima make it 10 but see is this measure ment the width? do i plug the number in there? also is that all i should measure?i measured front to back and it came out to 8 inches so ima call it 10 .where do i plug these in??

so sorry to bother but ive been on this epic search for how to measure for scaling se i measured my head horizontally ear to ear and its 8 ima make it 10 but see is this measure ment the width? do i plug the number in there? also is that all i should measure?i measured front to back and it came out to 8 inches so ima call it 10 .where do i plug these in??

Which dimension is which on the model depends on the direction in which the modeler created the model. Usually, reality width is also model width. Just look at the model and compare it's dimensions to the numbers, it shouldn't be too hard to see which is the longest and which the shortest.

Typically in 3d programs width is side to side and depth is front to back.

Just to help us understand a little more about what you are doing, are you using pepakura or trying to set a scale in a 3d program?

What I would suggest takes a bit of work, but its spot on. Go to the Halo Pep Wiki, and download Robo-Genesis' Lo-Def helmet. The scale factor for all of his pieces is your height in inches. Load that up, adjust to your height and then look at the H,W,D that the new scale gives you. You can then usually carry the measurements in MM's over to whatever you want. To make it even more accurate, build Robo's model for a test fit.

Edit: I assume you were talking about Pepakura. In that case open a file, go to 2D Menu->Change Scale->Scale Factor to input scaling measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back