Help with shoulder and chest pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkershaw

I'm new to building armors and have been looking on the forum and on the net but can't seem to be able to find the right places to obtain padding for the shoulder and chest pieces and was wondering if I could get any suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

59450_1572282742522_1099119634_1628873_5322583_n.jpg

I'm new to building armors and have been looking on the forum and on the net but can't seem to be able to find the right places to obtain padding for the shoulder and chest pieces and was wondering if I could get any suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I will be posting some pics of what I did for my padding, I have some foam bed padding that is about 1-1/4 inches thick that I purchased at my local wal-mart, some black cloth (make sure the cloth is stretchable) and some spray adhesive.
Step 1:
I cut the padding to the shape I needed for the armor piece.
Step 2:
Cut out a piece of the cloth leaving a border of about 2 inches around the foam.
Step 3:
Spay the side of the foam that will be towards your skin with the adhesive (just a light coat, it does not have to be soaked)
Step 4:
lay the cloth over the foam making sure that it is completly smooth.
Step 5:
Spay the excess cloth with adhesive and fold it over onto the backside of your foam
Step 6:
Spay the backside of your armor with the spray adhesive and attach the padding.

I like to make the padding a little larger than the armor piece by about 1/4-1/2 inches. for two reasons. 1. makes sure the padding fits the armor and 2. Comfort I also let the padding hang out of my helmet by about 1 inch on the back of the neck, I think it looks ok

405thpics046.jpg

if needed I can make a video post of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back