Here's My War Machine Build (Pic Heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandamonium

Hello Everyone i started my Ironman War Machine build about a week ago using JUICE's files unfolded by dubean. Which can be found here http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23599. Well heres my progress so far.

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

i also have the cod piece done and one shoulder and the left thigh but i scaled it a tad to big but working on that.(post pics of them later when i get camera batteries)

well thats all for now

Thats looking really good! Nice clean folds. Is the piece in the last 2 pictures the gauntlet? Also, are these files for a movie accurate build, or something else? Anyways, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more!

Good Luck!

-Apoc

Apocalypse, check out the War Machine Armor thread that JUICE started http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23599

He used all the best references currently available for the model. It may not be "screen" accurate, but it should be pretty dang close. :)

Pandemonium that looks really good! You said that you built the chest and back on a 1.9 scale right and that you're 5'6? I hope it fits you dude. The folds and everything look really nice on this. Keep the pics coming man!

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forum!

dubean33 said:
Pandemonium that looks really good! You said that you built the chest and back on a 1.9 scale right and that you're 5'6? I hope it fits you dude. The folds and everything look really nice on this. Keep the pics coming man!

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forum!

the chest fits great there is some room (alot of room) in the back but it fits great.

yay i got camera batteries! :lol heres a quick update. its one thigh, a shoulder, and the cod piece

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean folds! youre doing a good job, makes me want to start my own War Machine! I'll be watching this.

ah this is great man! keep those pics coming dude. Really really nice pep work.

what scale are you using, and how tall are you?

dubean33 said:
ah this is great man! keep those pics coming dude. Really really nice pep work.

what scale are you using, and how tall are you?

hey thanks :)

as for the scale im using 1.9 for the chest and everything else except the legs. I just took about an hour working on the scale of the whole leg file and unfolding it(printing it now). If i can get buy the pep desginer password today im gonna post my unfold of the whole leg file with my scaling for it.

oh yea im 5'7"

what did you change the leg files to? i just pepped my left thigh piece at 1.9 and its a little big on me, and i have pretty bulky thighs for my size too. im 5'9 about 170. I may need to redo the thigh at a smaller scale, i haven't decided yet. :(

dubean33 said:
what did you change the leg files to? i just pepped my left thigh piece at 1.9 and its a little big on me, and i have pretty bulky thighs for my size too. im 5'9 about 170. I may need to redo the thigh at a smaller scale, i haven't decided yet. :(

well im using the model of the thigh and shin put together. if your going to use the combined file just measure your leg from the ball of your ankle to the top of your hip. i havent figured out the scale of the seperate files yet

update time

just finished pepping the left leg

shin

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

new thigh

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0264-1.jpg

update time (sorry about the double post)

just finished the ab plates

DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

and heres what the suit looks like so far

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

almost finished pepping the suit :lol now if it would just warm up so i could glass it

Everything looks really great dude. extremely well put together.

I know its because you're wearing sweats, but the cod and stomach plates need to come up much further. Also, because the stomach is taped together, its not holding its shape and bowing out. It looks too wide in the picture but i hope when the ends are pinched in that it fits inside your chest piece and is narrow enough to give it that "waist line" look. i am surprised you arent getting more comments, this is a really great wip. its refreshing to see this rather then all the mk iv's odst's and such, even though this is technically a Halo forum.. i feel like its become an all things Pepakura. which is cool :) keep us posted

Looks awesome man, I wish I had the time to do all the builds I've told myself I'm going to do. Im struggling to find time to do even a helmet, and even when I do get one finished, I put it aside because I can't resin or glass it, and it ends up getting wrecked by something or other...Can't wait to see this build finished though, it looks as though this could be the 405ths DEFINITIVE War Machine costume at this pep quality!

WOW its been awhile and now I'm back with a small update. Just got done pepping the left arm. Now all I need to do is pep the right thigh and shin. Also do the right shoulder and bicep. But sadly I ran out of super glue :( so now I'm on hold till I can get some more.

Left gauntlet

DSCF0290.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

Left bicep

DSCF0294.jpg

there's a little warpage in the front but bondo can fix that

DSCF0295.jpg

and finnally the corner of my room with all the pep's in it

DSCF0289.jpg

ahh that looks so beastly! really great job dude. The scaling looks really good as well. Are you going to start resining/fiberglassing soon?

side note - uhhh pepsi much? hahaha

yea im hoping to start resining/fiberglassing next week. I would of started this week but the highs are only in the 50's to 60's and at night it drops back down to the low to mid 40's. next week 70's yay :lol .

thats only the start of the pepsi theres more behind the door haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back