Hey guys, made my first helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckboi

Hi guys! I finished my first helmet and have taken my first steps into cosplay. its 3d printed and has a visor i got off of etsy. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1C13131C-B449-46B4-8097-CE4C90709239.jpeg
    1C13131C-B449-46B4-8097-CE4C90709239.jpeg
    776.4 KB · Views: 127
Welcome to the 405th - nice job! Have you considered also making a suit of armour to go with it?

do you have any tips for foamwork?
Like a lot of crafts, it's gonna be a learn-as-you-go process: make plenty of mistakes, and ask or look up questions when you want to know something specific. I guess the big things are contact cement is great for joining foam together, but you'll want a respirator and a well ventilated environment to do so. A heat gun will help seal foam and can be used to soften it to make curves. A rotary tool of some kind is very helpful to clean up edges and add weathering effects down the line.

I'd recommend taking a look at Youtubers like SKS Props, Evil Ted, Punished Props and Kamui Cosplay to get the basics down.

Like a lot of crafts, it's gonna be a learn-as-you-go process: make plenty of mistakes, and ask or look up questions when you want to know something specific. I guess the big things are contact cement is great for joining foam together, but you'll want a respirator and a well ventilated environment to do so. A heat gun will help seal foam and can be used to soften it to make curves. A rotary tool of some kind is very helpful to clean up edges and add weathering effects down the line.

I'd recommend taking a look at Youtubers like SKS Props, Evil Ted, Punished Props and Kamui Cosplay to get the basics down.
thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back