HEY LOOK! another veteran ranger WIP *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha darth, glad you noticed that thanks.

Enigma, thanks that makes me feel awesome haha. and what do you mean exactly by the dimensions? for the mask and the coat and everything? if so, I used a lot of reference photos, and some in game after downloading a hi rez texture for rangers.

Tiberius, I never really thought of it, but i guess compared to so halo armor it is pretty simple, though the whole thing was still a lot of damn work cuz it was all scratch minus the base pep. lol, but I really appreciate the best executed comment, that is so cool to hear :)

Started working on the template for my ranger sequoia
IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

and a size reference shot

Gunz, and Andrew, thank you very much :) so it took a while to reply, but i have an update!

So i started on my sequoia, made some dummy bullets, and got me an ammo belt.
The belt is nylon not leather, but i couldn't find a leather one that i liked that wasnt uber expensive, and half the belts are nylon already so it blends in. While at Bass pro, where i got the belt, I bit the bullet (haha) and spent 40$ on 45-70 govt cartridges. These were the bare cartridge, no slug powder or primer. I then took clay and filled the ends for mock slugs, baked em, dremeled em to look more real, then gave em a coat pearl orange to look like copper.
first off, my sequoia. The frame is mostly smoothed and ready to add the cylinder and details. the barrel is still rough and needs to be trimmed and shaped completely.
IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

That is for size reference, I have fairly large hands, and it is a fairly large gun lol
IMG_3585.jpg

to show why the cylinder is so long, the 45 govt is a rifle cartridge, and is very long lol
IMG_3586.jpg

Now on to my cartridges and belt.
IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

Some hollows, some slug.
IMG_3580.jpg

size ref. vs a reg 45 and a bottle cap.

Now just the belt.
IMG_3588.jpg

And with the riot armor
IMG_3589.jpg

So that is it for now.
Thank you all for the support and the comments, stay tuned for some new updates soon.
Returning to Patrol.

looking good there! i feel you on the holster rig, i had a hell of a time finding decent leather for the right price for my six shooter. have you tried cabelas.com? i got my rig from them for 70 bucks. idk much about fallout. but the sequoi looks alot like a SAA. you could always get a non firing replica and modify it, idk, just throwing out ideas, im big on revolvers, and i like having them work! i did do some research on the gun rig, it looks like a modern version of a buscadero style rig. those you can easily find cheap enough, and modify for the proper look. just a thought! keep up the awesomeness!

Man, thanks for the digging, I wasnt very big on guns for the most part, but lately i've started wanting to get into them and own a few, if they werent so expensive, and especially partial to revolvers and repeater rifles. but a buscadero huh, ill def have to look into that for when i get some money. Or figure out where to buy leather and we will make a day out of trying to make a rig haha.

there is no try! we will make the rig! and nail it at the same time! haha! it was great to hang out with someone who has the same bug in them!

to everyone following this, this thread doesnt do justice to Cinderblocks build! i only saw the helmet in person, but damn its beastly! there is seriuos work into it and the dude is still upgrading it! i wont give anything away, but follow this thread and prepare to be amazed!

Are you going to any cons this year Cinderblock? I try to attend Dragon*Con every year and I should be there again this year w/ my Ranger costume. It would be awesome to have more NCR Vet Ranger representation there! I created mine last yr last minute and have been making improvements when time is to be had. Seeing your awesome work is definitely inspiring and motivating.
If you're interested, here's my cosplay profile. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/414867/ There are a few pics of my initial build on there. I'm planning to start a thread soon documenting my improvements.

Haha actually, Gunz, i already checked out the cosplay profile cuz you had it on another post somewhere when i went to look for pics of your costume. It looks really good man. And thanks for the compliment, I never really expected my build to motivate anyone :). where is dragon con at? I will be going to AX for one day and would have lover to go to comic con but i doubt i could get a ticket anymore haha. Having a squad of rangers walking around would be so legit though. haha.

So i have a bit of an update on my helmet and the arm pouch, med kit/ammo pouch.

And I think I'm going to start a new thread for my anti mati rifle and sequoia, what do you all think?

anywho, I found this awesome reproduction pouch of a what i guess was a cartridge pouch that mounted on a belt. I can't say when it was supposed to be from atm lol. but for 20 bucks i figured hey why not, its leather so i can distess it really well, and it'll look just like the pouch from the art.
Desert_Armor.png

the pouch you see on his arm. it has what i guess is a first aid symbol so ill have it hold 45-70's plus a few med supplies. but when strapped to my arm it should fit the part very well.
IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

So when i get it distessed and mounted ill update again, I should have the pouches for the rear of my jacket finished then too.

Now, Since i forgot to take pictures of the lights before, and since I made what i think is a pretty ingenious way of powering my helm, I'll kill two birds with one stone. I ended up not having much room for the batteries i would need to power the lights, fan, and voice amp in my helm, so i decided i was going to run a remote power source. I went to an RC hobby store and got some small connectors and a set of larger ones they use for the battery packs and made it so the bottom mask plugs into the top helms wiring, and then ran power from my side hose that feeds into my camel back into the helm. this will run down into one of the rear pouches where i will have a 12v battery pack hard wired to the hose. sounds a little confusing prob, but itll make more sense once i have the pouches made and the battery pack installed and take pics. but for now, here are pics of the setup on the helm/mask combo.
IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

I will paint the plugs so they dont stand out, but i think it will end up working out amazingly. the AN fitting unscrews from the mask because it will permanently be part of my jacket and that is why i have the power source on a plug instead of hard wired.
now for lights!!
IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

the red light is wired to come on with a red light that reflects onto my masks nose piece and then reflects onto the lenses so it glows. I have my hand inside in the second pic to show my fingers all lit up.
IMG_3633.jpg

and then both together.

So let me know what you guys think. I greatly appreciate the comments and crits, although i havent really gotten any criticism, so i must be doing something right hahaha. Stay tuned for more, and I'm thinking I'm going to try to find a way to COmic Con with this haha.

Haha actually, Gunz, i already checked out the cosplay profile cuz you had it on another post somewhere when i went to look for pics of your costume. It looks really good man. And thanks for the compliment, I never really expected my build to motivate anyone :). where is dragon con at? I will be going to AX for one day and would have lover to go to comic con but i doubt i could get a ticket anymore haha. Having a squad of rangers walking around would be so legit though. haha.

Thank you also.
Dragon*Con is in Atlanta during Labor day weekend.

looks seriously good cinder! it is so great to see something come together perfectly!! the wires and connections are going to look so good once they are weathered!!!

BOOM update. MY anti mati is finished!! find my thread i'll be posting in the weapons section in a mintue for more pics!
I made it a custom variant with the Gun runners upgrades, and then the ranger special issue markings. I got the idea from a mod on the nexus lol.
I know it isnt exact, but I'm damn happy and proud of it :) I'll do another photoshoot soon, so keep an eye out all.
IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

*btw, you can't tell in pics, but the lettering and bear, are real gold leaf. my dad does pinstripping and gold leaf as well, so I traded working on some stuff for him to do the leaf for me*

I forgot I didn't post this up on here. I'll put up a whole thread for it under the weapons section later tonight prob

Awesome looking build. I especially dig how you did the chest. And that gun is looking pretty snazzy!

Woohoo, I did another photoshoot, i weathered the hell out of my jacket, I got my pouches on, and my power source hooked up, and i brought along my trusty rifle. Although i completely forgot my neck seal, DOH! lol

Ladies and Gents, I present to you
Sundown In The Wastes (lol)
IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

God i wish i didnt forget the neck seal, but ohwell, it's too dark now, and all in all, I really like how they came out generally haha. Leme know what you think all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back