Hi... Halo rogue build. Foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIFUZZY

This is a project for next halloween. The plan is it gives me something to do over the winter. Forgot to mention this will be a foam build...mostly.

PNhK5.jpg

So there will be progress...just it will be in bursts. I have allready started working on the suit. But it is sort of a trial and error thing right now. Once I get an actual plan in place I will post some pix. Right now the only thing I can put up is the fact that I have started on the footwear tonight.

FW_1.jpg

This me taking apart an old pair of work boots. I want to use the sole to raise the shoe of the ground more.

Game_copy_FW_1.jpg

FW_2.jpg

This is sorta how it will look. More or less. This is just a test fitting. I still need to decide what to use as filler for the bottom sole...it is hollow.. I am not sure if foam will stand up or not....no punn intended.

Soleassembly.jpg

Assembled the soles today. The shapes circled in red are made of recycled rubber. They are used as filler. The stuff is flexable and will not compress. But is still soft.

soleassembled.jpg

And there we go. I now have two shoes to work on. Still need to seal the open ends of the work boot soles. A worry I do have is that I used hot glue...not sure how well that will stand up. Oh well...time will tell. Probably have something done next week. See you then.

I like your approach using the soles from work boots attached to your build pair. I might suggest using a thick rubber cement, shoo goo, or even silicone caulking in place of the hot glue on the attachment of the soles; don't want to trip while armored up! Looking forward to seeing more.

He bisected a pair of shoes...nice thinking

Welcome to the 405th, the foam parts of foam armor are usually everything but the helmet ( use resin/fiberglass/ whatever you use to harden paper)

Thats a great Idea plus it will give you some added height but I would use something stronger than hot glue you don't want it coming apart at an event or you will be walking in uneven shoes and thats gotta be uncomfortable, I would use Shoe Goo to attach the soles with something heavy on top of the shoes to get a good seal, anyways good luck

Boots.jpg

mockuptoe_2.jpg

Just starting to play with the look of the toe of the boot. Can't do much all else until I decide what to cover the runner in. Could just paint it, but I dought that would loook very good. I know the proportions are off...but the real world has a problem with the boot in the game.

Mockuptoe_1.jpg

It is getting there.

BTW...If any one has a pix of the back of this style of boot...PLEASE post it. I am so tired of trying to find one and failing. All I can find is master chief stuff.

Go get some shoegoo for the soles of your shoes. hot glue will start to break apart and your pretty awesome idea will end up falling apart at the worst time. Shoegoo can be found at walmart in the shoe section and most other shoe stores. Beyond using it to reattach shoe soles I've used it on ghillie suits to attach the net to the flight suit. Extremely strong and worth the couple bucks it cost for a tube.

But, like I said awesome idea with a duel function on the shoes.

Its great to see a new multiplayer build starting up so well, especially for an armor set nobody i've seen has done yet! looking forward to seeing the final product!

Looking good.

I found some pics where you can kinda see the back of the boot. Not sure if it's the exact same boot style but it'll give you some ideas.

http://mattbrett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/halo4-koth.jpg
http://torolf024.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/08-27-12_spops-ep1mi3-the_challenge-25.jpg
http://torolf024.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/08-27-12_spops-ep1mi3-the_challenge-07.jpg

For enclosing the sneaker I'm thinking about adding in some black/blue vinyl/leather that'll I'll connect to the foam pieces. It'll bend with walking and have a quasi armor look to it. It'll be an experiment. :)

Looking good.

I found some pics where you can kinda see the back of the boot. Not sure if it's the exact same boot style but it'll give you some ideas.

http://mattbrett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/halo4-koth.jpg
http://torolf024.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/08-27-12_spops-ep1mi3-the_challenge-25.jpg
http://torolf024.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/08-27-12_spops-ep1mi3-the_challenge-07.jpg

For enclosing the sneaker I'm thinking about adding in some black/blue vinyl/leather that'll I'll connect to the foam pieces. It'll bend with walking and have a quasi armor look to it. It'll be an experiment. :)

Ya know. Some day I just have to learn to look. The bottom pix is the correct boot. I downloaded that pix November 30th and did not bother to look.....hangs head in shame.

Ya know. Some day I just have to learn to look. The bottom pix is the correct boot. I downloaded that pix November 30th and did not bother to look.....hangs head in shame.

Haha it happens. I had them saved to my desktop, too, so just had to do a quick upload.

Looking forward to how your boot comes out. I haven't started that portion of the Halo 4 armor, so I might homage your method. :)

i like the idea of your build and your boot. its awesome to see something original and hardly ever done pop up. will be watching for a completed suit that is gonna be awesome!

I too am looking forward to this one. Just curious how are you going to tackle the visor? I ask cause I have a few ideas on how to make these kind of detailed visors.

Thanks all. will try not to let you down. But like I said...no hurry on this one. Just something to do over the winter.

I too am looking forward to this one. Just curious how are you going to tackle the visor? I ask cause I have a few ideas on how to make these kind of detailed visors.

The visor will NOT be a vacumm formed thing. It will either be a solid with plastic sreen painted to match so you can see out. Or if I have time and the money. I will make it solid with cameras. I will probably start on the helmet after christmas. I do not think you will see much out of a tinted visor with all that details and angles....but I could be wrong. And it will be foam...no pep for me..All that bondo and sanding...way to messy for where do this...AKA my rec rooom downstairs.

After a little more thought. I should not say it can't be done like a visor. I will give it consideration...just not real hopefull. Also not to sure if the camera thing will work either...but it would be cool.

Can't buy shoegoo here....so I'll just continue on with the mock up for now. First 2 pix, top plate or whatever you call it.

bootmockup_3.jpg

bootmockup_4.jpg

This pix is some of the side plates on. Next I will mock up the heel armor and the the top armor

HHmmm...just noticed the two pieces of foam had slid forward when I took the pix. It slides back and touches the side plates...to lazy to take a new pix....just a mock up for now. See you in a day or two.

PS the seams on the side armor will probably not be joined together. More flexable that way.

bootmockup_5.jpg

Sweet I love how this is looking I cant imagine what the rest of the suit will look like! Im definatley subscribing to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back