Hidden Blade Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loves hina

Jr Member
I decided to post some teaser pics of my the hidden blade im working on in lue of my ODST work.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

with the first, you can a see a closer view of the 2 inner parts. Yes, its going to be 3 parts, but the blade will be mostly free. The circle on the main shaft will spin, and if all goes to plan, which i give about a 50% chance, the only thing i wont be able to control with the hand its on is retracting the blade. In the next couple days, maybe one, i hope to have the few small peices i need done and put together for a test before i seal her up. if i can get it to work, ill post a vid of it in action, and maybe release some blueprints.

please do release blueprints. I've wanted to make a hidden blade for a while, and if I can get any of my other millions of projects done, I may add Altair from Assassin's Creed to that list.

You might get something out of this concept artwork.

AssassinsCreedBladeMechanism1.jpg

As well as this video.

Though the guys doing it are pretty much idiots. >.>

- Adulese

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, ive got an update. most of the parts are working now, a few things running into each other fixed and some fine tuning here and there and it should be done.

HBoutlined.jpg

here i outlined some of the Basic workings of the parts. the red green and purple circles on the right are actually little pins that fit into the paths on the left. (I just realized after i uploaded that i forgot to reverse the two colors r&g.) theres a set of lazy tongs that extend on the right part connected to the blade that, when i pull the yellow string with my ring finger on the left, it spins a small circle which spins the larger circle, pulling the string inside considerably more, pulling that second pin on the tongs to extend it fully. (as seen here)

IMG_0300.jpg

the trick here, is that when it fuly extends and pushes the middle part out, the red and green pins go along the path and extend out, like so....

IMG_0301.jpg

allowing the blade to extend out, like so....

IMG_0302.jpg

thus looking, like so...

IMG_0305.jpg

Also, a small rubber band wraps around the top and bottom pins of the lazy tongs, pulling them back when i release my wrist. (auto retractable. I did pull the basic idea from a picture posted on a site for this, and that pic Adulese posted was the main inspiration for that.

So what do you think?

Looks kind of like you made it our of duck tape, or at least the texture does. What did you use?

IndiMogul has a good base for a wrist release, you can switch the gun for the blade. I have tried to figure out an automatic way to pull it back also, But no luck. Looking good though.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jamg3FRHfE[/media]

@jax v./ the Material is from a sheet of picguard my dad has lying around. Hes a luthier and has alot of guitar stuff around. This is from one of my dads more eccentric customers who orders tons of pickguards at times. Pickguard material like this is a layered black/white/black/effect of plastic, the top layer here of effect it called black pearl. Its about .9 inches thick per layer, abotu 10 layers now and some small spaces make about and inch thick overall. So no, sadly, its not duct tape.

@jtd18801/ I've seen that video before. Its pretty cool idea but its not really true to the game. With the ingame system, it is released by pulling a string attached to the ring finger, and is auto retractable. Other than my inner blade part not being able to pull itself out, it fills all the automatic requirements, and is also completely custom. The one in the video is also 2 parts, not 3. thats the main thing im going for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back