HOD Philadelphia Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is honestly what I want to convey when I go to HOD Chicago :), TurboCharizard is among the best of us, jealous you got to meet in person!
I flew across the continent for Philadelphia, why didn't you come out :p

I remember you well! You really helped me feel comfortable and able to join the community honestly. Our conversation helped me with some anxiety’s of mine and made me realize the 405th really is just a bunch of people like me who wanna have fun! I just hope I can make my armor look as good as your daisy armor for sure!
Glad to hear that I helped in some way, even if it was just convincing you that I'm actually just a potato. I think everyone low-key was fanboying over seeing each other in armour that we're used to only seeing as forum posts and Instagram pictures but in reality we're all just a bunch of nerds that are one big family.
1564074200969.png

I flew across the continent for Philadelphia, why didn't you come out :p
The conversation went like this:

RandomRanger: The HOD's volunteer sheet is up. I'm in position and ready for immediate deployment.
Real life: Negative, RandomRanger. Not across a distance that size. Not on your own.
TurboCharizard: Sir, permission to leave Tim Horton's.
Canadian real life: For what purpose, TurboCharizard?
TurboCharizard: To give the community back their Daisy.
Canadian real life: Permission granted.

Last edited:

[B]RandomRanger[/B]: The HOD's volunteer sheet is up. I'm in position and ready for immediate deployment.
Real life: Negative, RandomRanger. Not across a distance that size. Not on your own.
[B]TurboCharizard[/B]: Sir, permission to leave the station.
[B]TurboCharizard[/B]: To give the community back their Daisy.
Candian real life: Permission granted.

That’s is what most definitely happened for sure.

RandomRanger: The HOD's volunteer sheet is up. I'm in position and ready for immediate deployment.
TurboCharizard: Sir, permission to leave Tim Horton's.
TurboCharizard: To give the community back their Daisy.
Canadian real life: Permission granted.
You're pretty close actually.

I was lucky enough to accompany my friend HATE Recon who've I've known online for the past 5 years and finally had the chance to meet him all thanks to this event! I'd like to thank the 405th for giving me tips on building a costume and for making me feel so welcomed into a community! You guys truly reminded me why i love Halo so much! (Still sad i never got Madison The Marine to sign my autograph book)
I totally would have signed your autograph book!

Was it during there 343 Community playdate? If so you were suppose to give one of the staff members your gamertag at the event, If this happened but you forgot i would reach out to john unyshek about it on twitter.
We participated in the first ever btb match at any HOD. Played with bravo AND unyshek, but noone ever said anything. I already have the emblem and skin, but I figured it's not a big deal. Now if it gave me a but ton of xp for halo 5 to get max rank, I would make a deal out of it

My photos are uploaded on Facebook, but I'll soon make an album shareable here...been busy finishing the video instead:

I wanted to thank everyone from the 405th who attended, you truly shaped my experience into a positive one (despite all the Canadians having travel issues.) Also have to tag iac300 for indirectly inspiring/challenging me to turn this video into a gaming montage. (Kept the effects light so people wouldn't miss any content shown...) :lol::cool:

Hope you enjoy!

(Also updated the OP under the Canadian Regiment forums with a link to the video as well)

My photos are uploaded on Facebook, but I'll soon make an album shareable here...been busy finishing the video instead:

I wanted to thank everyone from the 405th who attended, you truly shaped my experience into a positive one (despite all the Canadians having travel issues.) Also have to tag iac300 for indirectly inspiring/challenging me to turn this video into a gaming montage. (Kept the effects light so people wouldn't miss any content shown...) :lol::cool:

Hope you enjoy!

(Also updated the OP under the Canadian Regiment forums with a link to the video as well)
Loved that video! TurboCharizard seemed to be having fun :lol:, really loved that ODST line leaving the pelican room.

I had a stupid number of GBs to upload when we got home. Something around 3200 photos (admittedly I didn't check but I assume half are from seeing TWRP and The Protomen)
I've cut it down to 500, and then went through and chose favourites. So the edit machine will be fully operational soon. In the mean time, enjoy this picture of TurboCharizard
DSC05930.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back