How Can I Scale Supertaco's Eod Helm Pep File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzarth

Jr Member
Hiya, this is my 1st post but its got meaning. I downloaded SUPERTACO's E.O.D. helm pep file but I can't find out how to scale it. Any info given would be useful, as this will be my VERY 1ST ever piece of armor.

Btw thanks for re opening registration Adam, got kinda frustrated cause I couldn't find the info I needed :lol:

Sorry meant to put this in 1st post, but I already checked all those places. All of the scaling formulas are only for a certain cet of the armor filed. The EOD helm I'm making isn't part of that set. Has anyone made this one before? I want to scale it properly so I don't mess up again.

WOW! A famous person posted on my...erm...post! I love your energy sword BTW, and I've been meaning to purchase the handle kit from you (still $40 right?) but kinda low on funds.

measure in cm... from bottom of chin (not chins in my case) to top of head. Not in an angle, but straight up... use a straight edge to line up the top of head to front, match up measuring tool to straight edge... enter number in pepakura designer by going to 2D pattern window, change the scale of development, specify the scale, enter number in the "scale" line... viola! Works 99% of the time! :)

NICE! thanks everyone, that really helped. I'll be keeping in touch more often. It's gunna take me a REALLY long time to get this done, because my mom and step dad told me right to my face "you're too lazy to do a project this big! you will get half way through and quit like you always do!" so thats my motivation

I also figured something out-The "visor" for EOD helmet will be super easy. I'm going to buy a cheap pair of gold tinted sunglasses, pop out the lenses, and Voila'!

Azzarth said:
WOW! A famous person posted on my...erm...post! I love your energy sword BTW, and I've been meaning to purchase the handle kit from you (still $40 right?) but kinda low on funds.

Famous.... who? Surely you don't mean me? :whistle:

PM sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a scale of .565069 for my EOD helm. It fits rather well. :) Of course that's the version straight off the wiki. There are actually two versions, one with angles on the front "mandibles" and one with 90 degree corners. I'm fairly certain both are by supertaco, but I could be wrong. That scale yields a helm that's about 27 cm tall, and it fits my oversize melon well with a bit of a squeeze on the head hole without trimming. If you're a bit smaller, I would recommend dropping the height to about 25 cm. Good luck if you're going with eod! Personally my favorite perm. ;)

see this is what happens though:

i did both the scaling things from the stickies and got around the same number, 24. so i put it in the scale section to edit the scale, and it makes the other number go to over 11000. thats pretty big. and also my scale thing is in MM not CM. can i change this? it really sucks. i did the math (maybe correctly) and 240mm is around 9.5inches...i dont think my head is that small. maybe im hallucinating. I just need a clear answer by tomorrow 9friday) or im printing it at default scale.

For mine i just measured my head from top to my chin, and added a few centimeters. mine would have been just under 30cm so i rounded it up to 30 and went with it, and it actually worked great, i had to trim the bottom a little so my head would fit in properly, but aside from that, no problems whatsoever, Glad to see someone else building an EOD =D can't wait to see it finished, i'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Azzarth said:
NICE! thanks everyone, that really helped. I'll be keeping in touch more often. It's gunna take me a REALLY long time to get this done, because my mom and step dad told me right to my face "you're too lazy to do a project this big! you will get half way through and quit like you always do!" so thats my motivation

I also figured something out-The "visor" for EOD helmet will be super easy. I'm going to buy a cheap pair of gold tinted sunglasses, pop out the lenses, and Voila'!

That's what i did for mine, i found some cheap(ish) sunglasses at walmart, cost 14 bucks, popped the lenses out and hot-glued them into place.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Go for 280 mm in height, that would be my best tip to you.

Not everyone has the same size head ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back