How did you make your Mark VI boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedtrip

Jr Member
OK i wanted some tips or pics on how you did your mark VI boots.
Im not happy with mine & im going to remake them.
Now my Delima is that Im 1600 miles away from home for some good oh army training in AZ & will be gone for a month & a half, But a week after i get home there is a Con i want to goto So my g/f is going to make them for me & i will rondo them when i get home.
This is what my current boots look like. witch is the non HD easy boots.
GEDC2435.jpg

They were by far the worst part of my suit, pretty hard to walk in & heavy.
I have worn the armor out 3 times & it has sucked walking.
heres the rest of the suit.
GEDC2031.jpg

So any tips pics or size you made yours would be helpful to her.
& how did you attach it to the inner boot/shoe?

Thanks trip

Others have come up with great ways to attach the boots, and I'm sure they'll chime in, but the method I used seems to be easy and effective.

One page 13 of my build thread, I showed how I finished the boots and added the tubing connector between the toe and heel parts.

On page 22 of my build thread, I showed how I added elastic straps to the boots and how they slip on top of the real boots I wear.

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

As you can see, just because they're low-def boots doesn't mean they can't look great! :cool

So far, these boots have held up for several hours of wear, including at a Con and even in rainy/snowy (i.e. wet pavement and puddles) conditions. The attachment method is lightweight and easy to do, and it doesn't damage the real shoes so they can be used for purposes other than the costume

Hope this helps!

I did exactly as Spitfire showed above (used his as my primary example when doing mine.) The only problems I've noticed are the clomping sound when I walk and the awkardness of the movement of the costume boots over my own.

That does help alot, nice & simple.
Does it not move around alot? or does your extra foam keep it nice & snug?
& do you happen to remember what size you made it?
180-200mm ish?

The foam keeps it nice and snug; it does not move on the boot when I walk around. The only problem is, as Prettyfloralbonnet mentioned, it makes quite a bit of noise on hard surfaces, even though I trimmed about a centimeter off of the bottom of the armor boots to try and avoid that *CLOP* *CLOP* *CLOP* lol. I'm sure this could be easily remedied by adding some kind of rubber trim or something to the bottom edge.

It doesn't matter what size I made mine, you have to size them according to what shoes/boots you're going to wear under them. I simply measured the length of the real boots I planned on using, and inputted that into Pepakura. I did add a centimeter or 2 due to the indents in the toe. However, if you plan on adding the tubing connector, you wont have to worry as much about getting the size perfectly correct since the tubing allows for some flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back