How Do I Get Rid Of Brush Stroks After Resining My Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harding29

i hav my masterchief helm but after i primered it i can really see the brush strokes for fiberglassing it,i tried to sand it down but its not working very well and i would post pics but i broke my camera today :mad:

Harding29 said:
i hav my masterchief helm but after i primered it i can really see the brush strokes for fiberglassing it,i tried to sand it down but its not working very well and i would post pics but i broke my camera today :mad:

Bondo over the resin. And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET SOME PERIODS IN THERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
you could always use alittle bit of bondo :) just to smooth it out
Edit: dang you guys posted at like the same time as me lol

Add one more coat of resin to the helmet. Make sure you only do 3-4 passes with the brush in one area. After that, when the resin has dried for 48 hours (Just to be safe) take a fine sand paper and sand it lightly. after that, Bondo where needed and sand until you see fit.

Good luck, and hope it works out.

CHEERS!

I dont bondo the whole helmet like alot of people do. I just bondo the areas that need to be smoothed out so I know what you mean about the brush strokes. I had the same problem so I started using the $.36 foam brushes from walmart and they work great.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
I dont bondo the whole helmet like alot of people do. I just bondo the areas that need to be smoothed out so I know what you mean about the brush strokes. I had the same problem so I started using the $.36 foam brushes from walmart and they work great.

so the foam brushes dont leave brush strokes and they work good?

Th3 FETT MAN said:
but they might soak a lot of the resin up and hold it in

They do at first but once they are soaked its easy to push the rest around and when you are getting done its easy to push back out of the brush.

If you want to see how the pieces come out just check my build thread in my sig.

EDIT: Guess the pics of the resined stuff has broken links. So ill just post one here for ya.

Notice the shiny area at the top

100_0662.jpg

Here's an awesome tip... DON'T use a brush for fiberglass.
I have never used a brush.

Why i didnt take the time to fiberglass the outside of my helmet is beyond me, for some reason i was thinking that using a spray varnish would protect it enough with fiberglassed insides. all well, live and learn for the next one right. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back