How Do You Go To The Bathroom???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tplaten2

Hello! This feels like a weird question to ask, but how the hell do you guys go to the bathroom when you're all suited up?? I just got horrified by the idea of desperately needing to take a crap but having to completely take off all my gear in order to do so... What's the average work-around for this issue when you're suited up for an all day con?

It depends on the suit.

ODST or UNSC Army? I just go and everything is great.

SPARTAN gear? That requires planning. I have a dance belt and one piece bodysuit with armour parts attached so once I'm in armour, I'm in armour. Usually it's a day of slight dehydration and planning meals to stay suited up for 8-10 hours.

It depends on the suit.

ODST or UNSC Army? I just go and everything is great.

SPARTAN gear? That requires planning. I have a dance belt and one piece bodysuit with armour parts attached so once I'm in armour, I'm in armour. Usually it's a day of slight dehydration and planning meals to stay suited up for 8-10 hours.
Yup, it's Spartan gear... I was planning to get a zentai suit and then add onto it with foam, but now I'm not so sure because I don't want to have to take EVERYTHING off to go. Considering that I'm going to be wearing it in the middle of summer in Austin, Texas, I want to avoid dehydration as much as possible... Would you happen to know of any other people who figured out Spartan undersuit workarounds? Or would paying extra to get a crotch zipper on a zentai suit work fine?

Last edited:
A front zipper, if you can manage it, will work wonders. If you're looking for even more flexibility, you can craft the visible portions of your undersuit into a shirt and a pair of shorts, something I believe ExCeLLuR8 is working on, and that still grant you more freedom.
I guess I'll pay the extra 5 dollars or so to get a zipper on there, then! For the two part undersuit, do you happen to know if he's working from a zentai suit, or completely sewing an undersuit from the ground up? I guess I'll head over to his threads and see if i can find out what he's doing : D thank you for the help!

Pffft, I find it too difficult to eat at cons anyway, so I don't have to worry about that part. I just try to make sure I drink enough water, luckily I have a good relationship with my bladder. The sickness I get from malnourishment and dehydration is after-con Alex's problem.

Good on you tplaten2, asking the IMPORTANT questions.

Short answer, you run on adrenaline and just don't.

For my last under-suit was a black t-shirt and jeans I would recommend a different method for the zipper. A zipper at the waist hidden by the belt piece of armours like the Mark VI variants can make it possible to quickly drop your dacks. A second option for the under-suit is to keep it separated in two seconds and add press studs or hook & eye clips in a place not directly in view. Unfortunately removing the armour is the problem, the thighs would need to be buckled in some manner that would be easily accessible. The waist, logically you'd attach buckles either side and be free in seconds. Best of luck for whatever you choose

"Oh great ExCeLLuR8! I beseech thee! RISE! Answer upon us thy rhymes and reasons! SHARE WITH US THY COSTUME SEASONS! RISE! RISE! RISE!" ExCeLLuR8!

There, that outta do something.

I Believe he is conducting it from foam and attaching it to his armor. But you should seriously look up his work. It's absolutely spot on!
Huh... wha.. did someone wake me?.. lol
Well in short, my armor requires me to wear so much that I try not to if all possible, I just try to drink water to stay hydrated but no caffine. However lately I did switch a to 2 piece under armor suit that keeps me cooler and i can take the COD off if need be. There are certain "breaks" I would not even attempt in full armor, but the "simple ones" are doable once the COD, thigh piece rigging belt and latex midsection undersuit are removed. Otherwise I just try to time bathroom breaks around down suit times

2 words: 2 piece under-suit for the win. (1...2...3...and a half...4...5...6) ok, more than 2 words.

My outfit is not 100% game accurate but it gets the job done. Best I could do was have compression pants and separate shirt for the top. A good sized utility belt to hold up the COD and thigh armor and BAM! Taco Bell is back on the menu.

My predator suit has a base layer of a bodysuit (similar to what other people use for their halo suit). Sewing a zipper into it does solves a level one emergency but the only way I can solve the level 2 emergency without full divestment would be to buy 2 body suits, cut one high, the other low, and sew in an elastic waist band on both of them.

2 words: 2 piece under-suit for the win. (1...2...3...and a half...4...5...6) ok, more than 2 words.

My outfit is not 100% game accurate but it gets the job done. Best I could do was have compression pants and separate shirt for the top. A good sized utility belt to hold up the COD and thigh armor and BAM! Taco Bell is back on the menu.

My predator suit has a base layer of a bodysuit (similar to what other people use for their halo suit). Sewing a zipper into it does solves a level one emergency but the only way I can solve the level 2 emergency without full divestment would be to buy 2 body suits, cut one high, the other low, and sew in an elastic waist band on both of them.

You didn't include the numbers in your count........I know technically, they are numbers but historically the do get counted when doing a word count.

Dirtdives
giphy-1.gif

I sewed a zipper into my zentai suit. In a #1 emergency I just need someone to take my chest piece off so I can get to the zipper. Otherwise I do like TurboCharizard said and just plan my day around wearing the suit. I don't put it on until I've went to the bathroom and for the 1st half of the day I don't drink anything.

Short answer, you run on adrenaline and just don't.

For my last under-suit was a black t-shirt and jeans I would recommend a different method for the zipper. A zipper at the waist hidden by the belt piece of armours like the Mark VI variants can make it possible to quickly drop your dacks. A second option for the under-suit is to keep it separated in two seconds and add press studs or hook & eye clips in a place not directly in view. Unfortunately removing the armour is the problem, the thighs would need to be buckled in some manner that would be easily accessible. The waist, logically you'd attach buckles either side and be free in seconds. Best of luck for whatever you choose
ok, thanks for the advice! my codpiece will clip on and off once i glue the buckles on, so that'll make things easier in that regard.

ok, thanks for the advice! my codpiece will clip on and off once i glue the buckles on, so that'll make things easier in that regard.

Watch how you glue the buckles. Last time, I used hot glue, the buckle on one side came free. The cosplay repair crew had to cable tie one side of my codpiece on. I'd recommend something with a lot more strength, if not a better attachment method then glue, foam and plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back