How Do You Guys Feel About Halo 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what this is turning into a chick story.(and i'm not being mean it's just weird due to this is an action based game.)

you know what this is turning into a chick story.(and i'm not being mean it's just weird due to this is an action based game.)

many a war has been fought over women. so i don't really feel that it affected the story much.

I completly agree with this post. One other thing that angers me is how Master Chief changes his armor whilst frozen...

Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum fairies obviously did it, duhhh.. they had a 'make it work moment' while he was frozen, obviously.

On my end? I have tried to play halo ( a few different ones) because my daughter is into it (as in lives and breathes and eats it for breakfast, into it) But I fail... fail to understand, fail to be able to function. BUT! I am a ps3 baby, so xbox bothers me so games suck for me on xbox... (it's a good excuse, I swear)

As for the last time-she conned me two days ago-, I did a multiplayer campaign? with my girlie and didn't kill anyone, felt like a chicken in a barrel with balloons tied to me for OBVIOUS NOOB statement.. and a JUST KILL HERE sign on my back. OMG how do you guys even get a shot off.. it's an art form how you can kill without seeing... I barely saw one Blue guy!

so, I cannot tell you anything bout halo as I suck huuugee!... but the books sound fun.. maybe I'll show my kid up and read them to be able to talk halo-ese to her.

well when I got into halo it was thanks to the book halo: ghost of onyx and after that I read them all now I know more then frank o conner when it comes to halo, and I really think he should have had read some of the books before making the movie. the TTR's (which stand for tactail training rounds 'frank!'.) and a lot of other things that bugged me big time, I thought haft way threw the game they just said lets just put this here and forget about reach for a sec other halo 3, or all the other games, hell I wanted the LB to go on saying that the rings where a mistake that they should have destroyed them after they fired, that the didact is acting under a graemind, or they hated themselves for not leaving a monitor on earth to guide us.

I found the story the Librarian told about the Forerunners at war with humans thousands of years ago interesting. But one thing left me confused. Surely, when the Forerunners discovered the humans were expanding as an attempt to escape the Flood, their war would have ceased and the two would collaborate to eradicate the Flood (common enemy and all that). That being said, humans of that time were technologically close, if not equal, to Forerunner; so wouldn't they be included in the design of the rings, rather than wiped out? I mean, humans were quick enough to accept Elites into the fold when the Covenant betrayed them, since the remainder of the Covenant was a common enemy to both, even after 30 years of war. Perhaps the Forerunners were too prideful and refused to side with the humans.

LB didn't want to go to war but the didact did, worst fight ever.

plus is it me or are we about to get a motorcycle in halo 5... mega blocks has it for sell and it's ONI based so yeah.

and I haven't read the sara plamer back story comics yet but I really hope she's not a big part of halo 5 more like how arbiter was in halo 3 and I hope he's not dead during the events of halo 4

I've heard rumors of a motorcycle; but I haven't seen any solid proof yet.

I too wonder about the Arbiter and what his current role is.

motorcycle is here.

2013-halo-mega-bloks-set-97116-unsc-siege-bike-oni-mark-i-attack-3.jpg

plus a UNSC ghost

14.jpg

It wouldn't be the first time a toy company has put out vehicles that were not part of the canon universe. Look at all of Spiderman's vehicles in toy form. Though, that second vehicle looks like it could be pretty sweet.

just imagaion that at a con. or both heck if these are in the up coming games it would make us plus I found this.

Reap-X

Someone here in Halo Nation needs to create an Article referring to REAP-X. REAP-X stands for Reverse Engineering and Prototyping-- Xenoarchaeology.

This sub-division in ONI is tasked with developing advanced technologies from Covenant and Forerunner technology.

so it might be in there some where.

From someone who has read them: go read them.

Honestly you cant fully understand the subtle tie-ins in-game by just reading this thread.

The 2 books explain Infinity, Who Serin Osmon is and where shes from ( shes now shown as head of ONI in Halo 4), How Thel'Vadam became leader of the sepratists, the senghilli civil war, the breakaway factions, covers some grey areas (why were some brutes still on senghilios etc), introduces the refrences to the diadect, and laztly are a great read - BB alone is worth it.

I will point out though Thel'Vadam isnt trying to rebuild the Covenant as theres no prophets (the covenant began with the alliance between the elites and the prophets) hes trying to make sure the human race doesnt "spread like a disease" i think his words are.

And iv gotta say i actually enjoy online, though i agree on the soundtrack, it seems lacking compared to every other halo :(

Hope this helps :)

As a fan of the series since halo ce, I think the way halo has changed is for the better, yes it's a lot different from halo 3 and has a few more tweaks than reach but it makes the game different, if it didnt we would just have a sci fi cod series.

As for story line I only really know from what I play as I don't really read books as I have trouble concentrating, I think every ones main issue is that it doesn't feel like a halo game, I can relate to this as I didn't get that initial feel from 4, but that's because it isn't like all the other games, previously we had to try and save humanity through a bunch of desperate acts that held the fate of humanity in our hands. Halo 4's story isn't like that we survived the war the covenant disbanded and we allied with the elites, we no longer were at risk of being wiped out, that's why halo 4 is so different, that's why the feel the music and general story has changed, we are rebuilding.

Like others have stated jul mdama isn't interested in the prophets great journey, they're interested in killing a hated foe and forerunner tech is probably the best way to do that.

It's not hard to see that surely between 6 or so alien species that some would be more than a little annoyed theat, hay nah it's all good if we stop fighting I mean we have only been at war for nearly 28 years or what ever but I the elites say lets not fight lets not.

previously we had to try and save humanity through a bunch of desperate acts that held the fate of humanity in our hands. Halo 4's story isn't like that we survived the war the covenant disbanded and we allied with the elites, we no longer were at risk of being wiped out, that's why halo 4 is so different, that's why the feel the music and general story has changed, we are rebuilding.

Did you forget about the entire second half of the game? The Didact's plan was to go to Earth and wipe out humanity. So, yeah, we still had the fate of the human race in our hands.

Did you forget about the entire second half of the game? The Didact's plan was to go to Earth and wipe out humanity. So, yeah, we still had the fate of the human race in our hands.

Sorry I should have elaborated on that. I meant from a genocidal race of religious nutters lol. The didact was only one enemy regardless of how technologically advanced and powerful he was still only one threat, humanity fought the covenant and won, just, but I'm sure humanity would have thought we've got this.

Yeah, I guess from the standpoint of humanity in general, the weight was off the shoulders. But Master Chief was still feeling it.

mashall you got some good points but I've got one little thing that bug me more then ever when it comes to halo 4 where the #### was halsey during the game, in the last kilo five book that came out she was on the ship and if not there then at halo 03 so where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back