How does this look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

I painted over those pesky magnets, put plasti dip on the grips and painted the magnet sash bright orange for those pesky police.
Yes I know about the pointy top, but I like it (y)

Well I tried my hand at a BR55 and didnt turn out so great, it wasnt THAT bad, but it was pretty shoddy work so im just gonna ditch it all together. I decided to do pepakura MJOLNIR armour with primary orange and secondary black with red arm bands, since I FINALLY found out how to do it.

Well im posting these in several section (Pics) since I cant post them all at once since that file limit, all are shown by photoshop so it takes no memory from this site (Sorry, bandwidth). But I have a few questions to ask.

1.How does it look? Its my second project EVER
2.How much can this fetch for? Im not actually selling it so name a price here, but if its unallowed please pm.
3.How long will it take to Pepkura a full armour set, working around an hour or so a day? (Perhaps up to 5 during saturdays and sundays, if I have nothing better to do)
4.How much is the general cost of pepkura with the 110lb cardstock I own (Enough for the entire armour), the resin gallon, fiberglass (The cloth, the mat seems to messy for me) and simple paints?
5.Where do you get that black cloth for the rest of the MJOLNIR armour? Is it like one suit where you stretch the armour over your body while the pepakura pieces are glued onto the cloth or what?
6.Is there any good pics of pepakura armour, so I can get a decent idea how it would end up?
7.Whats the scaling for me? Im 5'8'' with a 36'' waist. 14 years of age if it makes any diffrence.
8.Hows your days so far? Mines gonna blanking suck tommorow since I have to take French writing pals (I may cheat :lol: , but im not too sure).
8.Exactly how do you fiberglass the suit? I saw the guys tut on the helmat, but people told me not to fiberglass the outside. So what do I do? Cut each piece in half and fiberglass the inside? Or just do what he did with the outside and be careful with it? I know HOW to fiberglass, I just dont know where.
9.About the bloody pepkura gluing thing. Whats the best glue to use that drys quickly? I dont wanna use glue gun, so will epoxy do? Since it has a 5 minute dry time. Its annoying to put it together, but ill manage.
10.What is the most exspensive armour ever made on this site, I mean in total end cost, and the cheapest. That is not cardboard (Sorry tastybread).

Sorry if I asked a whee too many questions, but this would clear up alot, and give some people ideas for tut's in the future? :whistle:
th_Pyre012.jpg
th_Pyre011.jpg
th_Pyre010.jpg
th_Pyre009.jpg
th_Pyre008.jpg
th_Pyre007.jpg

th_Pyre015.jpg
th_Pyre014.jpg
th_Pyre013.jpg
th_Pyre005.jpg
th_Pyre004.jpg
th_Pyre003.jpg
th_Pyre002.jpg
th_Pyre001.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics.
The ammo clip on the side is to hide the number badge which works perfectly (Thanks to my l33t skills :p )

Sorry if this dosnt look like the pressed metal thing you need. But in real life without the bloody camera and just your eyes, it looks far smoother, on the camera it makes it look indented on some parts like the back.

Ugh All the answers to your questions can be found by searching. do you really want people to do your work for you?

answers i can provide

1.How does it look? Its my second project EVER
ok top is pointed as you said also ammo clip is wrong

2.How much can this fetch for? Im not actually selling it so name a price here, but if its unallowed please pm.
i dont think much maybe anywhere from 5-10 moneys

3.How long will it take to Pepkura a full armour set, working around an hour or so a day? (Perhaps up to 5 during saturdays and sundays, if I have nothing better to do)
a while my first helm took 4-5 hours
and the first chest with two guys took 2
just to make the pep

4.How much is the general cost of pepkura with the 110lb cardstock I own (Enough for the entire armour), the resin gallon, fiberglass (The cloth, the mat seems to messy for me) and simple paints?
please man this info is all on the googles depending where you get it from its a different price.

5.Where do you get that black cloth for the rest of the MJOLNIR armour? Is it like one suit where you stretch the armour over your body while the pepakura pieces are glued onto the cloth or what?
It can be done alot of ways most is just a black tight suit

6.Is there any good pics of pepakura armour, so I can get a decent idea how it would end up?
yes all over this site and gallery

7.Whats the scaling for me? Im 5'8'' with a 36'' waist. 14 years of age if it makes any diffrence.
Jesus man theres a stickey called the PEP scaling thread. figure it out

8.Hows your days so far? Mines gonna blanking suck tommorow since I have to take French writing pals (I may cheat lol_2.gif , but im not too sure).
what??

8.Exactly how do you fiberglass the suit? I saw the guys tut on the helmat, but people told me not to fiberglass the outside. So what do I do? Cut each piece in half and fiberglass the inside? Or just do what he did with the outside and be careful with it? I know HOW to fiberglass, I just dont know where.
i dont know who you saw but you prolly shouldnt glass the outside you should coat all the joints in resin and then do a resin layer in the helm and cover the inside in glass bondo the outside

9.About the bloody pepkura gluing thing. Whats the best glue to use that drys quickly? I dont wanna use glue gun, so will epoxy do? Since it has a 5 minute dry time. Its annoying to put it together, but ill manage.
that will take a while but it will work geat most people use got glue or super glue not the liquid crazy glue kind it will soak in use the gooey gel type.

10.What is the most exspensive armour ever made on this site, I mean in total end cost, and the cheapest. That is not cardboard (Sorry tastybread).
u i think blues. in an interview i think he said 4k so far the build it we wont know full price till its done and even then who he will sell it to and again there is a video ON THIS SITE do some research man.
and for pep the quality really relies on the expense best pep helms so far are Spase and MLC's

Looks good to me, but I dont think the police will care if it has a orange tip or not, it's a gun to them, a police officer killed a kid back then when he was aimed with a toy gun, kid still died even though the gun was bright and colorful.

Nice work btw.

AoBfrost said:
Looks good to me, but I dont think the police will care if it has a orange tip or not, it's a gun to them, a police officer killed a kid back then when he was aimed with a toy gun, kid still died even though the gun was bright and colorful.

Nice work btw.

YES THANK YOU AoBfrost! I LOVE YOU.
I pretty much mean were finally over that I dont like you-You dont like me thing, so we can start over.

Thanks for the compliment, even though the first guy was a little mean, I should have been more careful with looking over the site. So thanks for the help you gave me.

Like I said it looks far better in person, and the only reason I put the clip there was to cover in the Badge to the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt see you asked questions before, to answer how long it will take I'd say 1-2 months for a pep suit working 1 hour a day, resining and fiberglassing wont really work in the winter time since it's cold, resin cures faster with heat and bright light...soo.....you might want to wait until next spring.

Most expensive i'd say is blue realms, but We dont know how much it cost them, but since theirs is the most accurate out there...I'd say it is the most expensive.

The cheapest I'd say was someone who sepnt 50-60 dollars on resin and glass, and a solid color of paint on their armor, and they used tint film for a visor, looked like a good set of armor for 50-60 dollars, most people end up spending 100-200 dollars though..I spent around 160 for my suit.

AoBfrost said:
I didnt see you asked questions before, to answer how long it will take I'd say 1-2 months for a pep suit working 1 hour a day, resining and fiberglassing wont really work in the winter time since it's cold, resin cures faster with heat and bright light...soo.....you might want to wait until next spring.

Most expensive i'd say is blue realms, but We dont know how much it cost them, but since theirs is the most accurate out there...I'd say it is the most expensive.

The cheapest I'd say was someone who sepnt 50-60 dollars on resin and glass, and a solid color of paint on their armor, and they used tint film for a visor, looked like a good set of armor for 50-60 dollars, most people end up spending 100-200 dollars though..I spent around 160 for my suit.

Tint film? Is it that clear car tint stuff, that pretty much is like clear plastic with gold coloring in it?
How does that work out, I mean I would think it wouldnt last.

Yes and no, it will last for a while, then the fumes and plastics dont adhere well and lets just say...tint film is made for glass and not plastic......it will last for a while, but not for years like it will on a car window when taken care of.

Then theres the hjc gold visor which has the tinting on the visor, it's a iridium spray...if you dont understand that look in a mirror, the finish on the visor is the same as your bathroom mirror but gold. You can see out of it like sunglasses, everything looks normal but just a tad darker...like sun glasses! Tint film vs a gold visor, the visor will always win because of it's real iridium finish which is the most accurate thing we have to the chief's visor.

A visor off ebaywill cost 30-40 dollars with shipping, i got mine for 30 dollars and 8 shipping, expensive, but it made my helmet look nice. I did use tint film before with a clear visor I had on hand, but I didnt get the same super shiny look which made me proud, so I ripped it off and decided to buy the real deal, thats when I started to not care how much money went into the project, because I didnt want to skimp on anything.

Hmm I suppose I should shell out for that visor then.
Is there any stickers or something I could slap on it so I dont have to buy 2 visors?

Look in the classified area, i forget who, but someone is mass making duel layer visor stickers that you put in the hjc visor and it makes it look duel layered, very nice, and since it's a sticker, it shouldnt cost muh, just know it's cheaper than buying 2 visors.

xobx said:
Looking good apart from the ugly lcd thingy..
Stupid camera glare, you cant see the thing working while I take a picture. So the LCD looks like crap. Its much better in person.

Overall the gun looks fine, it wasa good first attempt, heck you may try and make another rifle 6 months later, and then you'll have more experience and make a beter one...who knows....but for this one, it's fine.

AoBfrost said:

Nice work btw.
yeh i like man. and frost the same thing happend over in tourquay not long ago. a kid had a realy bright colerd gun and he took the bright bit at barrel so when he fire caps smoke come out. and the kid pretended to shot someone and the police shot kid in head. nasty way to go..... but other wise lookin good man! heh i didnt mean to cast a dark shadow on the topic btw.......

spartanmartin said:
yeh i like man. and frost the same thing happend over in tourquay not long ago. a kid had a realy bright colerd gun and he took the bright bit at barrel so when he fire caps smoke come out. and the kid pretended to shot someone and the police shot kid in head. nasty way to go..... but other wise lookin good man! heh i didnt mean to cast a dark shadow on the topic btw.......

No its ok, thanks for the compliment.
I suppose its like most cases, shoot only when shot upon. I mean a small smoke and a loud sound is easily noticed from an projectile that can smash through stone.

But other than that thanks.

I have prices on EVERYTHING I have bought. If you want the easy version, see the sig. If you want the item by item breakdown, see my blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back