How far can armor go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid 187

To my fellow spartans, well out of all the places that you've weared your armor has anyone dare tried to wear it at the airport and able to walk pass baggage ckeck with full armor on??? It seroisly would impossible My parents work here in the seattle based one SEATAC Airport, I'm not egging anyone on to try and do it!!!! So don't blame me if you get caught and or get fined plus jail time :oops: knowing how sensitive airport security is! PLEASE NO BASH TALKING OR FLAMING ON THIS OR YOU WILL BE WARNED AND OR BANNED!!!! o_O thanks for reading!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
idk if any has but prolly yes seeing some ppl with spartan armor that live in other states go to comi-con :D

You cant wear armor to the airport, it's common sense, if you do, they'll say your a terrorist or a suspicious person and question you, I think maybe the super market would be ok, or maybe even going into mcdonalds, but not somewhere that has security everywhere lol.

I wonder if target would let me in, since targets have security gaurds.

AoBfrost said:
You cant wear armor to the airport, it's common sense, if you do, they'll say your a terrorist or a suspicious person and question you, I think maybe the super market would be ok, or maybe even going into mcdonalds, but not somewhere that has security everywhere lol.

I wonder if target would let me in, since targets have security gaurds.
well i meant keeping it in your lugage >_>

i go into the Louisiana Superdome for every Saints game. there is security at the doors, and in every section of the dome. usually the security at the doors will make strange faces, try to frisk me, and eventually just let me through.

explosives could be concieled under the armour, so i would never try it, going into a barbers and ask for a haircut, that would be funny =]

CrAzY CH13F said:
explosives could be concieled under the armour, so i would never try it, going into a barbers and ask for a haircut, that would be funny =]

"Um yes can you give my blue stripe a little trim..And maybe some weathering.."

"You want your blue what?"

"Nevermind" lol...

Officer: whats under the armor, take it off NOW.

You: Ok....

Officer: whats under the undersuit?

You: thats all I have on

officer: You expect me to believe you? What are you some terrorist freak?

You: No I just wanted to show off my armor

Officer: Oh I see armor to protect you from your ATTACK!

thats what would happen./

AoBfrost said:
Officer: whats under the armor, take it off NOW.

You: Ok....

Officer: whats under the undersuit?

You: thats all I have on

officer: You expect me to believe you? What are you some terrorist freak?

You: No I just wanted to show off my armor

Officer: Oh I see armor to protect you from your ATTACK!

thats what would happen./

yeah, cause strapping explosives UNDER the armor would protect the bomber.......

i think the fear that our government has instilled into the general population is approaching the level that was displayed in V for Vendetta. i dont want to live in a society that is governed by fear.

Penn and Teller were having a discussion about freedom (well, really only penn. teller doesnt talk), and someone asked about airport security. Penn's response really got me thinking. he said that he doesnt think we should have ANY security checkpoints, ANYWHERE. they asked him if he wanted to risk being blown up on a plane, and he said "absolutely, because thats real freedom. you have the freedom to get on any plane you want, but with freedom comes great responsibility. you, and everyone else on the plane take the responsibility into your own hands to ensure a safe passage"

hes right, these days we give away too much of our daily responsibility as good human beings. we rely on other people to keep us secure, instead of living a free existance. we should watch each other's backs as citizens, rather than pay people who could care less about us personally. mercenaries do not care about the cause, only the paycheck.

personally, i live every day of my life without fear. i dont have elaborate security systems on my house or my cars (locks are good enough, they immediately translate into "forced entry" in a court case). i go where i want whenever i want, without fear of being mugged (and i live in post katrina new orleans). my neighbors run off any suspicious people, and i do the same for them.

im a firm believer that confidence and a lack of fear go a lot further than high tech security and guns will. i walk down the street knowing i wont get mugged, because i show no fear, and when i am confronted, i stay strong and dont back down. its served me well thus far, when some of my friends have said "man i wish i had brought my gun" after they had been robbed.

CrAzY CH13F said:
ROFL just take a bit off the side please."what???"

optimusaint said:
yeah, cause strapping explosives UNDER the armor would protect the bomber.......

i think the fear that our government has instilled into the general population is approaching the level that was displayed in V for Vendetta. i dont want to live in a society that is governed by fear.

Penn and Teller were having a discussion about freedom (well, really only penn. teller doesnt talk), and someone asked about airport security. Penn's response really got me thinking. he said that he doesnt think we should have ANY security checkpoints, ANYWHERE. they asked him if he wanted to risk being blown up on a plane, and he said "absolutely, because thats real freedom. you have the freedom to get on any plane you want, but with freedom comes great responsibility. you, and everyone else on the plane take the responsibility into your own hands to ensure a safe passage"

hes right, these days we give away too much of our daily responsibility as good human beings. we rely on other people to keep us secure, instead of living a free existance. we should watch each other's backs as citizens, rather than pay people who could care less about us personally. mercenaries do not care about the cause, only the paycheck.

personally, i live every day of my life without fear. i dont have elaborate security systems on my house or my cars (locks are good enough, they immediately translate into "forced entry" in a court case). i go where i want whenever i want, without fear of being mugged (and i live in post katrina new orleans). my neighbors run off any suspicious people, and i do the same for them.

im a firm believer that confidence and a lack of fear go a lot further than high tech security and guns will. i walk down the street knowing i wont get mugged, because i show no fear, and when i am confronted, i stay strong and dont back down. its served me well thus far, when some of my friends have said "man i wish i had brought my gun" after they had been robbed.

I've had several people tell me that we don't have security in airports to stop terrorists (namely my taekwondo instructor) because he and his instructor have accidentally brought knives onto the plane. His instructor managed to get on with three, one in his camera bag, one in his laptop bag, and another around his neck (a sharktooth). My place also sells reinforced fiberglass "knives" which are mostly just stabby in case of being attacked.
So anyways, point being, security at airports isn't to stop terrorists (although sometimes it's sucessful) it's to keep the general public feeling like there's no chance of a terrorist, and that they are safe from any sort of attack.
But yeah, real freedom and the like, we're allowed to get into our cars just fine without being stripped searched. (and busses, and taxis, etc.) why not a plane. And I think it would be funny to try to get past security with that suit on.

HA HA HA
i will take the fall for this idea... i fly back and forth between ohio and where i live in missouri for summer visitation with my dad.... I made a suit and wore it to the airport, but they made me take it off at the security check and ran it through the x-ray thingy, then I just put it on afterwards, (against their opinoins, they said it wouldnt be a good idea, I thought it was!!)... But you should have seen the pilots eyes buggin out when I got on the plane and the people at the gate when I got off, It was great to see the look on their faces, and lots of pictures were taken on the way out, I took like an hour just to get to the car...

"holy ****, guys it's the master chief, everyone is safe now huzzah!"

*real terrorist jumps up with a knife and tries to hi-jack plane*

"omg save us master chief"

*terrorist stabs master chief, but the reinforced 3 layers of fiber-glass hold off the knife*

this is one of many situations where wearing your armor is actually a good idea, so if they tell you it's a bad idea at the airport, don't listen, any way you look at it, your defence goes up by +10, just enough to stop those pesky dirka dirka turban heads from shanking you on the plain. Seriously, imagine if someone wearing master chief prop armor was on the 9/11 planes, with a prop AR, if both had several layers of fiberglass, he could probably overpower the high-jackers by smacking them with the hard-ass AR, the armor would definatly stop several small knife jabs, we need master chiefs on every flight.

PillowFire said:
"holy ****, guys it's the master chief, everyone is safe now huzzah!"

*real terrorist jumps up with a knife and tries to hi-jack plane*

"omg save us master chief"

* Stabs undersuit *

WUT NOW :eek:

With security as tight as it is in the major airports, I would never try it. I got in trouble for fingernail clippers with the file on the end of them. Kinda stinky.
I'd say stick to Wal-Marts and grocery stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back