How far have you guys travelled ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why you picked philly instead of any of the other con locations?
As a Canadian I start melting in heat above 35°C and based on knowledge of it being hot in the summer we crossed Orlando, Houston and Anaheim off the list instantly. Also the Quebec, Ontario and Alberta crew all chose Philly so the BC crew followed suit.

I've driven from WI to TX, I've flown to FL, and I've driven UT -> CA. Though tbh this was all so long ago I barely remember when or why.
I fly WI -> TN frequently

Wow DD, I didnt know you played competitive softball! Do you have a picture of the medal?

Sorry for the long delay in response, off for my holiday.......also I had to find the picture of my team. That's me, Center back row, tallest player.
IMG_0252.JPG

This was a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGH time ago, 30 years .....damn I'm old.
(when dinosaurs ruled the earth)
giphy.gif

I drove from Utah -> Las Vegas for a con in June. Pretty much my first big convention. Been to some smaller stuff here and there, but nothing really so big. And technically this was a licensing expo, so not technically a con... I should go to a con.....

For fun: Utah -> Oregon/ Washington, because ocean and beautiful country. I miss the ocean!

I drove from Utah -> Las Vegas for a con in June. Pretty much my first big convention. Been to some smaller stuff here and there, but nothing really so big. And technically this was a licensing expo, so not technically a con... I should go to a con.....

For fun: Utah -> Oregon/ Washington, because ocean and beautiful country. I miss the ocean!
Come back to the ocean, it's nice out here on the coast.

For fun: New York
For a convention with cosplay: Austin , for RTX
Both of them technically in the same trip

The idea was to go to Austin for RTX, and, since traveling is expensive, i looked for the cheapest option for plane tickets
Here’s how the flight itinerary was
Departure from Guadalajara (Mexico), first layover at Monterrey(north of Mexico), then fly all the way to New York City, where there would be a layover of about 20 hours until the plane departed to Austin
Now, i don’t know why that flight route was cheaper, but i got the chance to explore NYC for a day, and the day after that i was running around in spartan armor under the Texas heat
So, a very very fun trip

I've flown from Edmonton, Alberta to Orlando several times for both fun and costume related - 2372 miles by air and every year I fly from Edmonton to Atlanta for DCon 1973 miles by air. Both trips are generally two flights and take a whole day between flights and layovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back