how to go about making this

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy2985

im a noob and you see i want to start production of my own fan film for halo and i want to make a odst suit but i want to make it for as cheap as possible so ideally not threw pepakura and resin but with maybe foam or card board i dont need it to look professional just good looking on camera i dont need it to hold super strong too just so it wont fall apart when i put it on and run around in it( i will put photos of my progress) so please help and not to advanced either because im only 13 and i dont have MUCH building and crafting experience ps. i have been inspired to join this website and make a fan made film and a foam suit from Dafrontlinetrooper

My advice is to read the stickies. Then when your done with that to read them again! I take the same approach to this like I do school. Asking people for advice helps but the stickies are your text books and will teach you all you really need to know. I got like 4 booked marked for quick reference. As for getting the files you can try to all in one pep file that is floating around here somewhere or go to the halo costume wiki. They should both have ODST files.

Most important thing is to post pictures of your progress! Thats what this is all about and we would love to how well your doing.

Welcome to the 405th!

thanks first im going to make the silenced smg first out of foam not starting out right away im going to get my supplies Thursday from my local crafts store i will post pics showing my progress its my first major build so o expect it to take a day or 2 minimum not counting that i might have to restart because i do something wrong and painting but wish me luck

First, read the stickies!

Weapons are generally more difficult. It would probably be easier to start with armor. If you wanna do it cheaply, then try the foam. It can be bought at hardware stores, like Lowes or Home Depot. Foam tutorials can be found in the video section I believe.

Good Luck!

cheaper is not always the best and most efficient way to go. Making armor and weapons can cost up to hundreds of dollars. Don't try to stay cheap. You won't like the results.

cheaper is not always the best and most efficient way to go. Making armor and weapons can cost up to hundreds of dollars. Don't try to stay cheap. You won't like the results.

That's good advice! It's expensive to do a whole suit but it's not bot to do one piece at a time. It's not that hard on the pocket book of you spread out the price over the course of a few months...It takes forever but it makes it eayser!

Bro this isnt something to be rushed or done as cheaply as possible. There's a wonderful description to suit the word cheap. That is cheap and nasty. If you dont understand what it means its basically saying a cheap quick fix will lead to more trouble. Take your time and make sure you know what your doing before you start or elae youll end up wasting your time. Aim for the best you can do. Even with a tight budget tou can find some ripper deals out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back