How to make your own spartan helmet, a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol nope Southern California baby where you can pretty much wear shorts allyear round, lol no it doesget coldduring the winter but never below like 30 40, in october at night it will typicaly be like 70-60 degrees.

Ok so some quick update photos. As i said earlier.. i think, the white stuff is sheet-rock puddy ive been using to fill in holes and etc; stuff goes on and sands with ease. Jst need to do a little more sanding befor i prime it.

A problem thats been stalling me is the left cheek guard cracked and went loss so ive been trying to patch it up but been failing but finally i dug a small trench in the inside of the left cheek and incerted a small peice of metal, then covered it in stove cement, i dont think ill be having any more problems with it lol.

DSCI0059.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

I have to say, i know there was a picture guide to this, but as this is the first time ive done anything like this, im amazed how nice this is coming out. :hyper:

lookin good, but i wouldn't make it too smooth, or you are not gonna get that authentic rustic look and it will be harder to weather a smooth helmet.
but if that is what you want then go for it.

Well today I need my little puddying and sanding then I primed and then added my copper, later ill need to go out and get gold and black. so here are some photos of the UNFINSHED helmet. :mrgreen: And some side by side with my Link4044 Helm.

(sorry for the size, i could not be helped this time. :cry1: )
DSCI0061.jpg

DSCI0062.jpg

DSCI0063.jpg

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0065.jpg

DSCI0066.jpg

DSCI0067.jpg

You should try a little weathering on the 300 spartan helmet. Maybe after you paint it the colors you're suggesting, you could try a black wash over it and a little dry brushing..

Looks great though, keep up the good work!

So I finsihed my helmet and did my little black dark coat on it. Contrast to the photos, the helmet is better looking in person and a little darker. Im already on to considering making a new one, to fix a few things. Sorry i didnt show the padding but tis nothing fancy.
h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back