How To Mix And How To Apply Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastSpartan

Sr Member
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSgpIF57r0[/media]

Video is still being processed, should be up in a couple of minutes

Contains music that may not be safe for work.

/rant

I just don't get it... I mean I get the bondo tutorial; good job! The part I don't get is the soundtrack. It's a tutorial, not a music video. Why add music you know is just gonna get the audio killed instead of actually talking and explaining things while you go. Really, something like the proper ratio for mixing the bondo/hardener or something. People could use that. Even the can instructions are vague. I mean seriously, the can actually says 'a golf ball sized amount of filler'! Great, try making a golf ball out of pancake batter! They coulda used a better analogue for their directions. This is like the third or fourth instructional I've seen on this site that has a frickin soundtrack instead of actual useful voice-over. I have the ability to play mp3's on my computer. If I really want to listen to music while I'm watching this video, I can at least listen to my own. :) And really, Linkin Park? Again? Aren't we done with that in videos yet??

/end rant

That said; honestly, good video none-the-less. but more teaching, less karoake please.

3 answers.

A) I have an enourmous french accent and you wouldn't have understood anything

B ) It's better in my opinion to have some music than just hearing me breathing and scraping bondo on my helmet

C) I don't have to discuss my music tastes. If you like Britney Spears, I don't care but I won't put it in my videos. I don't care at all if the soundtrack gets deleted.

Now if you want, record your own voice over and have fun and I'll add it to this video.

I'm not here to teach people the absolute way of bondoing, I just wanted to show MY way of bondoing.

I used the term tutorial for quick reference.

I'm glad someone made a video of this!

That said, time for the "constructive" criticisms.

1.) I have to agree with Lord Farquads rant, I don't think tutorials should have music (unless it's your radio playing in the background).

2.)Perhaps a close up of.. how much bondo goes on the scraper, how thick it goes on the piece, or this "kick off" that is refered to in the text.

I really do appreciate the video, so I hope you don't take my wording wrong. I know how hard it is to make these. Much applause. :)

Well actually, yes the camera was on a stand, and in one place I was actually doing a close-up, but upon revision, I was out of the camera's view... *sigh*

What is the "kick off" in the text?

BTW, I think the music was fine. If you combine this with crackheads tut, it is perfect.

LastSpartan said:
3 answers.

B ) It's better in my opinion to have some music than just hearing me breathing and scraping bondo on my helmet

C) I don't have to discuss my music tastes. If you like Britney Spears, I don't care but I won't put it in my videos. I don't care at all if the soundtrack gets deleted.

Now if you want, record your own voice over and have fun and I'll add it to this video.

I'm not here to teach people the absolute way of bondoing, I just wanted to show MY way of bondoing.

A) I think that might have entertained me even more. :)

B ) I'm not saying there should be nothing. I'm saying that engaging your audience would be useful, however admittedly, answer 'A' kinda prevents that. So, fair enough.

C) I didn't mean to come off as disliking your choice for music (I actually do like LP), it just seems that everyone uses them for videos.

I didn't mean to come off as dickish, it's actually a good video and all. Just thought that videos such as these should convey as much information as possible...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was actually really good, regardless of the music. I will say that yes you do have a strong french accent, but can understand you fine on xbox live. So don't worry about that, all are welcome.

LastSpartan said:
3 answers.

Don't worry.

I see straight through all accents. I'm pretty sure I could understand you fine. THe only accent I can't understand is an Irish one.

Nice tutorial, sorry to add to the criticism but, respirator? I mean you may not need it but just for noobs to know.

I wear one for sanding

As for when I'm applying, I'm not using one.

If someone would like to see a video about a certain stage you don,t understand (except Pep or fiberglass), ask and I'll see if I can do it.

Bondo's pink spreaders

spread_pict002.gif

Protip:

Don't like the music, mute the video and play your own...

Awesome video Last, Some interesting tips there. I'll deffinatly try a thing or two on my new project! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back