HUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thinkk everyone is skipping my posts...

TaC 04 said:
i actualy had a lazer tag set with sun glasses that had an arm extending from it with a mirror on the end. at the other end of the arm was a very small led, with a plastic cover over it to make a 'hit symbol', 'firing symbol', and a 'shield symbol'

would if you tried this:
visorhuddiagram3.jpg

it says that in the first paragraph...

my idea was similar to the lazer tag set...but you would have to recreate it to get the original hud...[sean]my intention was
to creat a similar jig and make the halo hud

Last edited by a moderator:
check junk stores too, old cameras like VHS recorders had either B/W or color view finders that were about a 1" screen. You could jack the parts out of the camera and hook it up in the helmet.

DM

i am currently working on a HUD in the helmet. it is coming along very good and should be done in the next 5, 6 weeks. i do currently have the radio, cameras, and HUD installed, i am just working on some of the HUD software. and how to make everything wireless.

Ares said:
Any ideas for a pimp'd ODST Helmet? I would go for hands-free microphone.

you could probably do it the same way that i am doing mine. if you want more detail just send me a personal message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blueteef! :mrgreen:
Bluetuth works great with fones and some mortorola 2way radios!

Perhaps you could where 2 walkie talkys (bluethuth would be connected to one) and your voice would come out the other one...

Ever heard feedback through a megaphone??

Now imagine that inside your helmet! :wowie:

I used a couple of hacked walkie talkies. One inside to transmit... with no speaker, and another located inside the forward facing grills is the back pack, set to recieve with two speakers left and right.

You can get a cheap ($20) set of decent walkie talkies at radioshack and mess with them for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back