Hummer Influenced by Halo

Adam

Community Founder
http://blog.mlive.com/manzero/2008/01/humm...nfluence_o.html

A lot of Halo fans think Hummer's new HX concept SUV looks quite a bit like the Warthog all-terrain vehicle from Bungie's hit games. The designers must have been thinking of the Warthog when they built it,right?

Wrong. Carl Zipfel, GM's director of exterior design for the HX concept, says the Warthog was not an inspiration for the new compact SUV.

 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
Omg....I read this days ago and was just about to post this after debating if it was useful or not.

Ya beat me to it adam :/

Cool car though, I wouldnt ever own a hummer, but I'd like to see these on the roads.
 

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
Adam said:
http://blog.mlive.com/manzero/2008/01/humm...nfluence_o.html

A lot of Halo fans think Hummer's new HX concept SUV looks quite a bit like the Warthog all-terrain vehicle from Bungie's hit games. The designers must have been thinking of the Warthog when they built it,right?

Wrong. Carl Zipfel, GM's director of exterior design for the HX concept, says the Warthog was not an inspiration for the new compact SUV.



Personally, I don't see it.

Though, have you ever seen someone with a really big body with a tiny head.(No offense to anyone) That's what I think of when I look at that Hummer. The cab looks so small compared to everything else. It's sort of funny looking, I think.

-Magnum
 
Last edited by a moderator:

docbytes

Well-Known Member
I can see how they are similar, they might have used elements of the warthog without realizing it....... do the designers play Halo?


SC you a perv! ;-)
 

Vexona

Well-Known Member
Hehe.

It seems far more likely that the designers at Bungie got their influence from existing military vehicles :) Vehicles like Hummers, Jeeps, ATV's have been around for many, many years.

Now...if the hummer had a turret and sloping lines then I would call shenanigans ;)

(and yes i would bet money that the warthog is more fuel efficient lawl)
 

Ironcobra3000

Well-Known Member
Vexona said:
Hehe.

It seems far more likely that the designers at Bungie got their influence from existing military vehicles :) Vehicles like Hummers, Jeeps, ATV's have been around for many, many years.

Now...if the hummer had a turret and sloping lines then I would call shenanigans ;)

(and yes i would bet money that the warthog is more fuel efficient lawl)
agreed, I wonder what the Fuel Economy on that new hummer is :sleep:

2 MPG anyone?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SGT Razor

Well-Known Member
Ironcobra3000 said:
agreed, I wonder what the Fuel Economy on that new hummer is :sleep:

2 MPG anyone?
More like 2 GPM.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

abandonship

Well-Known Member
Vexona said:
It seems far more likely that the designers at Bungie got their influence from existing military vehicles :) Vehicles like Hummers, Jeeps, ATV's have been around for many, many years.
Please, please, they prefer to be called humvees. Hummers are vehicles for people who feel the need to boost their "ego" and burn half the worlds supply of gas just to go to the supermarket.

lol, i seriously dislike hummers. Honestly, if not for "The Homer" , i would say that that is the ugliest vehicle i have ever seen.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GarzakAzur

Well-Known Member
No the Hummer are not like the wartog but the Jeep yes here a concept for the jeep renegade 2009



It's base on a wartog


Read the first line after the pic
Is "When we first posted design sketches of Jeep’s Renegade concept, many readers connected the green off-roader to the Warthog combat vehicle in Halo. After seeing photos of the actual concept, debuting today at the Detroit auto show, the real thing seems slightly less cartoonish."
 

Ssyn

Jr Member
o_O
We should have real warthogs within the next year or so.

If you count Weta, then we already have them.
 

Vexona

Well-Known Member
abandonship said:
Please, please, they prefer to be called humvees. Hummers are vehicles for people who feel the need to boost their "ego" and burn half the worlds supply of gas just to go to the supermarket.
Everything I see made by that company ends up being driven by some inadequate old guy trying to kill me in the mall parking lot anyways. The one in the picture looks waaaay to gussied up to be targeted at the military?

I like that Jeep prototype much better. It actually looks fun to drive AND like it would fit into a parking space! XD
 
Last edited by a moderator:

redragon74

Well-Known Member
i dont see it either with the new humvee and i prey that they stop maken new ones because they get uglyer and uglyer with every line that comes out

the H1 was the best looking one even though its 4 lanes wide and takes a whole tanker truck to fuel it lol

as for the Jeep its the most sick looking car/suv i have ever seen other than the jeep hurricane 2 hemis one front one back and a turning radius of 0 too bad the hurricane was only for concepts and patents -,-
 

abandonship

Well-Known Member
Vexona said:
Everything I see made by that company ends up being driven by some inadequate old guy trying to kill me in the mall parking lot anyways. The one in the picture looks waaaay to gussied up to be targeted at the military?

I like that Jeep prototype much better. It actually looks fun to drive AND like it would fit into a parking space! XD
that's what i was saying. i hate hummers. i love humvees. i dont think they should have turned the humvee into a civilian vehicle at all.

i thijnk the jeep looks cool too. and it's probably really fuel efficient since its fairly new
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vexona

Well-Known Member
Ah I see. Agreed! I hope we don't start seeing people riding Blackhawks to work :D

I've always liked the practicality that Jeeps try and keep in mind =D
 
Top