Hurricane: Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
No school tomorrow and they are asked for any sophomores, juniors, and seniors to help sandbag... in my school...

It's getting really bad...

Do you live by a river, or did it rain that much?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it came from a river but there's not really a river by us... It is from rain too... actually it's coming up from the sewer drains in middle of streets in spot I took pics when I went out today and I'm uploading them atm...

Here in Cincinnati, Ohio. We were hit by a wind storm and knocked out most of the power for the Greater Cincinnati area. I am at work a hospital in Kentucky so I have to do all my on-line stuff from here. Duke Energy sent most of their techs down to Texas and other areas being hit by the hurricane and they had to recall them. They are saying maybe by this weekend everyone will have power again.

I guess Cincinnati never thought that 75 mph winds would cause this much trouble.

For those that were hit by the hurricane hope you are all safe.

I feel for ya Mac. We recently had our own flood down here. It wasn't too bad in my town but across the river there was massive damage. That's why a car dealer is now temporarily in the K-mart parking lot! They had 3-6 feet of water in every building over there.

Well I live in Katy that's maybe 20 minutes West of Houston, and I got roof damage (a couple of shingles fell off), and 3 trees tipped over on the side of my house. We were out of electricity for 21 hours. Alot people in Houston are still out of power. Poor Spase...

Here is a pic of the area across the river when we flooded in June. This was the worst in years around here. That stop sign in on a standard "pole" which is 6-8 feet at the top around here. The water was between 5-6 feet on that sign as it was in a low spot.

flood6-12-08.jpg

I'm happy to know that all our Texas Spartans are all accounted for.

Well So far we have been getting school canceled... This week is homecoming week... they are using the school for people who have had there house go under... :\

I still didn't do my homework from last week >.<

Oh Noez! Staples and RadioShack went under! D:

Now I gotta go soem where else for cardstock and other stuff...

Yesterday we road our bikes through the water and the water covers the tires completely...

Oh and Gamestop or EB Games is flooded... :\

Edit: I found a link of aerial pics: http://www.nwitimes.com/packages/slideshows/floodingaerials/

Wow, I just saw some of the pictures of the Texan coast on AOL news just a minute ago....

Thats insane how much damage has happend in the Galveston area.... I doubt Spase will be visiting the 405th for awhile :/

Well, in Ohio we didn't get any rain.. just some crazy wind, I was without power Sunday night, and most of yesterday. 'Had no school Monday, but was back today.

I hope everyone is doing alright.

Some say this is worse than katrina. Not the catagory just how big and how much land this really took up. If you look at it it was as big as the gulf. Thats huge. People are not aloud to live in Glaveston. They are finding bodies in trees and people that drowned. Very sad. The kids wont have school for a month probably. This is not goin to be very good. Glaveston wont be like it was 3 weeks ago for 2 years probably

I didn't have school the whole week except now they have moved the evacuted people from the high school so school tomorrow and here are the aerial pics of my area which is Indiana for all who don't know:

http://www.nwitimes.com/packages/slideshows/floodingaerials/
and my pics:
http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p344/Ma...ster%209-14-08/

Also yesterday a House blew up from gas build up in the flooded areas... Firemen couldn't completely get to it because of the water

plus there was a random garage fire on the first day of the flood and firemen had to be boated out with hoses to get to it

Hey guys im at College typing this up, but the fact is ive been with out power for almost a week 1/2, but just wanted to know how everyone else is doing. and i am safe and no damages were made upon the house during the hurricane

um... kinda missed all the excitement... lol, no harm here either and i live 1 1/2 - 2 miles from assasin716... no school till Thursday though, or Friday, i dunno which one... but no harm from ike here...

Macattack64 said:
I didn't have school the whole week except now they have moved the evacuted people from the high school so school tomorrow and here are the aerial pics of my area which is Indiana for all who don't know:

http://www.nwitimes.com/packages/slideshows/floodingaerials/
and my pics:
http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p344/Ma...ster%209-14-08/
Also yesterday a House blew up from gas build up in the flooded areas... Firemen couldn't completely get to it because of the water

plus there was a random garage fire on the first day of the flood and firemen had to be boated out with hoses to get to it

You only had flooding?

I'm about 35 minutes south of downtown Indy and all we had was some wind damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
we should throw a post hurricane party... except, i still don't have power, so it can't be here...

hmm.... :cautious:

i volunteer assasin's house... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back