I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work so far! I hope you end up doing the whole suit, that would be pretty cool.

P.S.
I was thinking of doing the iron man helmet in 3d then turning it into a pep file, but I can't find any good reference images on the back of his helmet or the side of it. You don't have any good ones that you found for your helmet by chance do you?

Holy schnikes! ;)

Darth... that is one helluva awesome Ironman helmet you're putting together there. Of the odd few I've seen on eBay and what not, this definately takes the cake! I was looking forward to seeing the movie, but watching this project unfold has me even more pumped now, lol. Can't wait to see you paint this beauty. Great work so far! :D

agbates said:
Awesome work so far! I hope you end up doing the whole suit, that would be pretty cool.

P.S.
I was thinking of doing the iron man helmet in 3d then turning it into a pep file, but I can't find any good reference images on the back of his helmet or the side of it. You don't have any good ones that you found for your helmet by chance do you?

PM sent.

Right now the helmet is COMPLETELY FINISHED (aside from paint). The final coat of primer is drying as we speak. Today I get to start on the paint job!! I'm not totally sure which gold paint is the best. I bought Krylon Gold and Plasti-Kote Gold (It says Gold 19100). Anyone know which type of gold spray paint is the best?

Anyways, here are the pictures you will look at without reading what I wrote above! :rolleyes
DVC00307.jpg

DVC00308.jpg

DVC00309.jpg

DVC00310.jpg

DVC00311.jpg

DVC00312.jpg

DVC00314.jpg

DVC00315.jpg

DVC00306.jpg

DVC00304.jpg

PS: I forgot to mention, in the pictures of the ears the red part of it is a rubber band I put on them to make them fit more snuggly in their holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcalibar said:
PM sent.
Right now the helmet is COMPLETELY FINISHED (aside from paint). The final coat of primer is drying as we speak. Today I get to start on the paint job!! I'm not totally sure which gold paint is the best. I bought Krylon Gold and Plasti-Kote Gold (It says Gold 19100). Anyone know which type of gold spray paint is the best?

:angry:Anyways, here are the pictures you will look at without reading what I wrote above! :rolleyes
*pics

PS: I forgot to mention, in the pictures of the ears the red part of it is a rubber band I put on them to make them fit more snuggly in their holes.

Beautiful work! I love the fact that you cast the ear pieces, Gives the feeling that really made of different parts!

Those ear pieces are also the perfect way to get air into the helmet, Its seems that its a ''small'' helmet, but if you can get one of those ''flat'' fans it would be perfect.

airsf9.png

falcon NL said:
Beautiful work! I love the fact that you cast the ear pieces, Gives the feeling that really made of different parts!

Those ear pieces are also the perfect way to get air into the helmet, Its seems that its a ''small'' helmet, but if you can get one of those ''flat'' fans it would be perfect.

airsf9.png

There isn't any space around the edge of the ears, but on the casts one could easily dremel out a few slits to ventilate the inside of the helmet.

Wow that is amaz-zazing. You think you will be able to have all painted and everything before thusday night next week.

Could I actually get some of those ref pics. I've gone through maybe 40 pages of google image pics and could only find a few good ref pics.

Falling_Jihad said:
Wow that is amaz-zazing. You think you will be able to have all painted and everything before thusday night next week.

I will definitely have it all painted by then. I'm still not sure if i want to wear it to the premier... I don't want it to get busted before I mold it, and I will look kind of retarded with just a helmet and no armor...

Falling_Jihad said:
Could I actually get some of those ref pics. I've gone through maybe 40 pages of google image pics and could only find a few good ref pics.
PM sent. Let me know if you need any more pics, I sent you the best ones.

Darthcalibar said:
I will definitely have it all painted by then. I'm still not sure if i want to wear it to the premier... I don't want it to get busted before I mold it, and I will look kind of retarded with just a helmet and no armor...
PM sent. Let me know if you need any more pics, I sent you the best ones.

Hell, ship it out here I'll wear it for you. :p
And thanks for the ref pics.

Darthcalibar said:
Here's the mold for the ear pieces. Today I found a lid to a plastic lantern and it is absolutely perfect for the ear pieces, unfortunately I only had one so I'm going to cast a couple of them once the silicone sets up.
DVC00146.jpg

I was kinda shocked seeing you use lego bricks for the molding, but at the same time amazed with how good of an idea that was

Nice work!

The only critique I have for this is the front "nose section"

Check your reference pictures - the front part of the face is much more rounded. I'd highly recommend adjusting this portion of the helmet. You don't want a flattened nose when you put it on! :)

Other than that, the detailing looks great. Keep it up!

Yodajammies said:
Nice work!

The only critique I have for this is the front "nose section"

Check your reference pictures - the front part of the face is much more rounded. I'd highly recommend adjusting this portion of the helmet. You don't want a flattened nose when you put it on! :)

Other than that, the detailing looks great. Keep it up!

Yeah it is more rounded in the movie, but at this point its too late to change. I don't think its that bad.

Anyways, Here are some pictures that aren't exactly a lot different but I thought they looked cool. My stupid gold paint pooled up so i had to sand it off and primer on top of it. Turns out the gold paint did something weird to the primer and made it crack, so for the last couple days I've been sanding the crap out of it trying to get the areas that cracked back to their former glory. Today I ran out of grey primer and all the store had was black and as it turns out Ironman doesn't look too shabby in black. (I just taped some printer paper on the inside for the eyes cause it looks cool. I should have it in ready to paint again by tonight.

DVC00320.jpg

DVC00321.jpg

DVC00323.jpg

Will it be at all possible to see out of the ting with the lights in there? Because if I remember correctly you said that you were going to cover the eye holes with a piece of paper to get the right look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back