I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm going to mold it. Watch this thread for updates. I think I'm going to try latex. Any thoughts on latex molds anyone?

Darthcalibar said:
Yeah I'm going to mold it. Watch this thread for updates. I think I'm going to try latex. Any thoughts on latex molds anyone?

Eh, latex is going to take a really long time to mold with and it smells really bad. I wouldn't recommend it. Jump on that urethane rubber promo that sean and whatshisface was talking about - 74-30. Should be able to mold it for around 30$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yodajammies said:
Eh, latex is going to take a really long time to mold with and it smells really bad. I wouldn't recommend it. Jump on that urethane rubber promo that sean and whatshisface was talking about - 74-30. Should be able to mold it for around 30$.

Hmm. Whats the link to this? I think i saw it earlier but I dont remember what thread it was in.

Yodajammies said:

Hehe that's me :p

Hey, Darth, you've inspired me to attempt my own scratchbuild...I probably would have done one eventually, but seeing the quality of yours gave me a reason to start now. This is actually my third attempt, the first was crap, the second was too big, I've got my fingers crossed for this one:

DSCN0635.jpg

And all of that is from a single sheet of letter paper...when you attempt the same scratch build 3 times, you're bound to become really efficient.

I just hope mine looks as good as yours when it's done.

-Nick

EDIT: Here's my progress in the last 45 minutes or so:

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

I think I'll call it a day for now.

Darthcalibar said:
It's looking really good foxy. Keep up the good work
Thanks. That means a lot coming from the Godfather of Iron Man scratch builds.

And remember how I said I was going to call it a day earlier...I lied:

DSCN0643.jpg

At this rate it'll be done by tomorrow, then I just need to pic up some resin.

Here's just a little fun I had by playing with the exposure and gamma settings:

Picture3-3.png

-Nick

Darth - my offer still stands if you want me to assist you. PM me if you want to talk about it more.

foxymcfox said:
Thanks. That means a lot coming from the Godfather of Iron Man scratch builds.

And remember how I said I was going to call it a day earlier...I lied:

User Posted Image

At this rate it'll be done by tomorrow, then I just need to pic up some resin.

Here's just a little fun I had by playing with the exposure and gamma settings:

User Posted Image

-Nick

BTW I tried da exact way! By making like a pattern and taping it together.

The-last-spartan said:
BTW I tried da exact way! By making like a pattern and taping it together.
How'd it come out?

That reminds me, if anyone wants to benefit from my experiments, feel free to print out the second image I posted and use it as a template for the front of the face. It's not perfect, but as you put it together you'll see what needs tweaking.

...At least you would have to start completely from scratch in your scratch build.

In case anyone wants to use my image, here's a basic scale to help you get it sized up: The width of the mouth on the main face piece is 6.5 cm, and the height of the piece is approximately 8 cm.

Have fun.

-Nick

EDIT: I just finished roughing the helmet out, the ears are a little low among other things, so I figure I'll just cover the holes, resin the whole things, then fix the problems with some good ol' Bondo. Here it is in it's slightly edited format...

Picture5-2.png

Nice work, looks good. My helmet turned out good and I also decided to use your template except I slightly adjusted it and is my best so far! (out of four) :p

somebody needs to make a template so we can scratch build too.. it will be like pep, without flaps or edge id.. lol.

feardrake said:
somebody needs to make a template so we can scratch build too.. it will be like pep, without flaps or edge id.. lol.
lolz pep does that too, but its harder :p

rvb4life said:
lolz pep does that too, but its harder :p
i know it does... but it would be cooler if there was just a template.. cause theres no movie accurate helmet thats out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back